You are viewing the article What is Zinc Oxide? What are the uses in cosmetics? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Zinc oxide is one of the essential ingredients in cosmetics. Especially found on the packaging of sunscreens, ointments… The following article will give you more information about zinc oxide!
What is Zinc Oxide?
Zinc oxide is a compound of zinc with the chemical formula ZnO and is insoluble in water . Zinc oxide is found in nature, however zinc oxide is not produced on its own, and must use a combination of zinc and oxygen molecules to produce a white powder and is often extracted in the form of a gel. mainly.
They are used in many makeup products such as foundation, physical sunscreen, etc. In addition, they are also used in most medicines to treat dermatological diseases . In particular, it is used a lot in ointments because of its ability to create a protective layer for the skin effectively.
Uses of zinc oxide in cosmetics
Protect your skin from the sun
Zinc Oxide is one of the familiar ingredients in physical sunscreens (including zinc oxide only) and chemical hybrid sunscreens (comprising two ingredients zinc oxide and titanium dioxide).
The zinc oxide ingredient in sunscreen acts as a mirror to reflect the sun’s rays, blocking UVA and UVB rays from leaving your skin . In addition to protecting the skin from the sun, it also helps your skin become whiter and more even.
Good antibacterial ability
Especially for those with sensitive skin, zinc oxide has excellent antibacterial properties and instantly soothes the skin. So ointments containing zinc oxide can help improve wounds, prevent bacterial infections, and treat burned skin .
Protect from acne
Cosmetics with this ingredient are completely suitable for sensitive skin, often do not cause clogging of pores, dust and especially effective acne prevention.
In addition to the above uses, zinc also has a moisturizing, powerful antioxidant effect, protecting the skin from damage caused by free radicals . Prevents aging, nourishes the skin bright and smooth.
Is zinc oxide safe?
Zinc Oxide is a beauty compound that has been tested by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) that zinc oxide is absolutely safe, does not harm the skin and is licensed for use on the skin. skin of infants under 6 months of age and children.
Currently, the zinc oxide content is regulated for sunscreens from 25-30% and for makeup or lotions, it ranges from 10-19% depending on the weight and type of product.
How to use products containing zinc oxide effectively?
To achieve the best results when using products containing zinc oxide, you need to keep the following in mind.
- Although sunscreens containing zinc oxide have a good antibacterial effect and help prevent acne. Especially for those with sensitive skin, prone to acne, they should not be confused with acne treatment products.
- For the best results, you should apply the cream according to the amount indicated in the instructions for use and should not use products containing this ingredient continuously for a long time.
- The last thing, you should not use in combination with too many other products to avoid skin disorders and make your skin thinner.
Note when using products containing zinc oxide
Although it has been approved by the FDA as a safe beauty ingredient, you still need to pay attention to the following points when using cosmetics containing zinc oxide.
- While using, although zinc oxide is a non-irritating substance, if your skin appears red, sore, swollen, etc., you should stop using the product immediately and come to us immediately. Reputable clinic to check.
- When using products containing this substance, you must avoid getting it on your eyes or lips and should not use stimulants such as alcohol, beer, coffee … because it can create side effects.
- Especially for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, be careful when using cosmetics containing zinc oxide. To ensure absolute safety, pregnant women should not use any cosmetics containing zinc oxide during this period.
- People with a history of allergic reactions to oral or topical Zinc should also consider and may consult a doctor to make sure it is safe to use.
With the information that Cfis.edu.vn has just shared, I hope you have helped you gain more useful knowledge about this ingredient and choose the right skin care and protection method for yourself.
Thank you for reading this post What is Zinc Oxide? What are the uses in cosmetics? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.