You are viewing the article What is welding eye pain? Causes, symptoms and prevention at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Soldering eye pain is a fairly common condition in electrical and mechanical welders. This condition is not dangerous and can go away on its own with proper hygiene. However, in some cases it can cause permanent vision loss. Let’s find out the causes, symptoms and prevention of welding eye pain with Cfis.edu.vn through the article below right now!
What is welding eye pain?
Soldering eye pain is a condition in which the eyes are painful when directly exposed to the electric arc emitted when welding metal. This situation often occurs in welders who do not wear safety glasses and are not careful when working.
Normally, eye damage caused by welding rays can heal on its own after about 1-2 days. However, there are still cases of eye infections, inflammation, changes in vision or even the risk of vision loss.
Causes of eye pain
Eyes are always the most sensitive and vulnerable part of the body. When working in a hazardous environment with many effects on the eyes, it is necessary to take protective and preventive measures. Solder eye pain can occur due to the following reasons:
- During the metal welding process, dust, metal debris, welding fumes can affect the eyes and damage the cornea.
- Welding rays, also known as electric arcs, contain ultraviolet rays, which are the main cause of eye damage. If working in high intensity, exposure to ultraviolet rays many times will lead to corneal damage, swelling, and eye pain.
Signs of eye pain
When exposed to welding rays, if your eyes have the following symptoms, there is a high risk of having a welding eye:
- Painful eyes.
- The eyelids are red and swollen.
- Continuous tears .
- Vision is blurred.
- The eye feels uncomfortable as if there is a foreign object in the eye.
After direct exposure to high-intensity metal welding, you need to monitor your eye condition to soon recognize abnormal signs and take timely treatment.
How to cure welding eye pain at home
If there are signs of typhoid eye, you should wash your eyes with artificial eye drops to soothe the cornea and clear the dirt in the eye . Then use a cold towel to cover the eyes to reduce the burning sensation of the eyes.
Once you’ve done the above steps, you should give your eyes a rest to give them time to recover. During this time, you should avoid exposing your eyes to electronic devices, because the light emitted from these objects is very harmful to the eye’s recovery process.
However, if after about 1-2 days, the pain in the eye still does not improve, you should go to a medical facility to be examined by a doctor.
How to prevent sore eyes
Solder eye pain not only affects health but also affects work productivity. Welders should actively prevent welding eye pain by the following measures:
- Use full eye protection when directly performing welding work or even standing by.
- There should be a separation between the welding area and the surrounding areas.
- If you have symptoms of sore eyes, do not rub your eyes because it will make eye pain worse.
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soap before cleaning your eyes.
Above is some information about the causes, symptoms and treatment of welding eye pain. Cfis.edu.vn hopes that through the above article you will have more useful information.
Source: HelloBacsi . health site
Choose to buy quality fruits at Cfis.edu.vn to improve your health:
Thank you for reading this post What is welding eye pain? Causes, symptoms and prevention at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.