You are viewing the article What is Vitamin B12 Injection? Should vitamin B12 injections be used? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Vitamin B12, also known as cobalamin, is one of the water-soluble B group vitamins that works in metabolism, helping the nervous system and brain to function normally. But what is vitamin B12 injection? Should vitamin B12 injections be used? Let’s answer with Cfis.edu.vn right in this article.
What is vitamin B12 injection?
Injectable vitamin B12 is usually given as hydroxocobalamin or cyanocobalamin. In which each 1 ml contains 500 mcg Cyanocobalamin and distilled water for injection, enough for 1 syringe.
Should vitamin B12 injections be used?
- Vitamin B12 helps improve concentration, supports the treatment of neurological diseases such as sciatica, wrist nerve …
- Vitamin B12 plays an important role in the formation of red blood cells , deficiency of vitamin B12 will lead to megaloblastic anemia.
- Vitamin B12 also has the effect of enhancing and improving memory in the elderly, preventing brain atrophy.
Sciatica is a disease that causes discomfort to patients, making life activities lose comfort. Learn more effective home remedies for sciatica!
For pregnant women
Vitamin B12 deficiency will reduce the use of folic acid , easily leading to neural tube defects, spina bifida in the fetus.
- Vitamin B12 participates in the activity of the nervous system, affecting the intelligence, memory, ability to use language of children.
- Especially in children, vitamin B12 deficiency easily causes children to have problems with communication, apathy or irritability. Symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency in children are relatively similar to those of autism.
Master, Specialist II Nguyen Thi Ngoc said that besides the many benefits that vitamin B12 brings. In addition, this vitamin has undesirable side effects:
- Causes anaphylaxis due to allergy to vitamin B12 . This reaction is rare but very dangerous because it can lead to death. Therefore, caution should be exercised when supplementing with vitamin B12, especially in injectable form, for people with hypersensitivity.
- When there is an excess of vitamin B12 in the body, it will cause digestive disorders with manifestations such as loss of appetite, loss of appetite, nausea, diarrhea, etc. In addition, it also causes cardiovascular complications such as increased heart rate, shortness of breath, etc. chest pain, high blood pressure, heart failure.
How to inject vitamin B12
Prepare before injection
Check with your doctor before injecting , so that your doctor can check the levels in your body. If eligible for an injection, your doctor will prescribe it for you.
Discuss the complications of vitamin B12 injections
Vitamin B12 injection contains cyanocobalamin, you should not use this medicine if you are allergic to cyanocobalamin or cobalt. Therefore, you need to discuss carefully with your doctor to avoid unwanted side effects.
Be aware of the benefits of vitamin B12 injections
People who have difficulty absorbing B12 in food or orally should choose injections.
For vegetarians who do not eat animal meat, vitamin B12 can be added to ensure health.
Choose injection site
According to specialist doctor 1 Trinh Ngoc Binh advised to inject on the outside of the arm, the triceps arm area, can inject the front side of the thigh about 1/3 of the middle of the thigh, shoulder blade… If injected many times need to change the injection site, avoid injecting into the old needle.
Choose injection method
According to Dr. Binh, there are two common types of injection: intramuscular injection and subcutaneous injection.
Note : You should not self-inject without proper training.
Do you need vitamin B12 injections?
According to nutrition experts, if you are a person who has a nutritious diet with foods rich in vitamin B12 such as beef liver, pork liver, fish, chicken, … then you should not inject more. vitamin B12 too.
Or do you have any concerns about the amount of vitamin B12 being absorbed into the body? You should consult your doctor for an examination and examination right away.
Ways to supplement vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is an important source of nutrients that contribute to many body activities, ensuring stable health.
Vitamin B12 can be supplemented in many different ways such as: Taking tablets, injecting it intramuscularly, or placing them under the tongue… Some studies have shown that vitamin B12 taken orally and intramuscularly can have a beneficial effect. equally effective in restoring vitamin B12 levels in people with vitamin B12 deficiency.
In addition, you can build a nutritious menu, supplementing with foods containing a lot of vitamin B12 such as: animal liver, pork, fish, poultry, …
Above is all information about what is vitamin B12 injection? Should vitamin B12 injections be used? Which Cfis.edu.vn wants to send to you. Hope this information is useful to you.
Source: vimec.com, Healthline
Thank you for reading this post What is Vitamin B12 Injection? Should vitamin B12 injections be used? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.