You are viewing the article What is velvet fabric? Pros and cons of velvet fabric at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Velvet fabric is a fabric that has been on the market for a long time, widely used in the fashion industry. However, in order to make sure to help keep the velvet fabric always beautiful, you need to understand this fabric. Let’s find out in detail about the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of velvet fabric through the article below right now!
What is velvet fabric?
Corduroy, also known as Corduroy , is a fabric that originated in the 18th century and is often used to make fashionable uniforms for office workers. Velvet fabric is woven from cotton or synthetic fibers, through the weaving process, creating small longitudinal lines on the fabric surface.
The toothpick is long or short depending on the aperture of the loom and the diameter of the cotton thread. With thick and super durable material, corduroy fabric is very suitable for autumn and winter products such as jackets or pants, but will not be suitable for use in countries with cold climates.
Advantages and disadvantages
- High tenacity: Velvet fabric is a relatively durable fabric. Because most of them are woven with many different fabrics with thick material, velvet fabric is difficult to tear or damage when used.
- Aesthetics: Currently on the market there are many types of velvet with diverse colors and materials, we can easily apply it to sew many different types of costumes.
- Reasonable price: Because the material to create velvet fabric combines many types of synthetic fibers, its price is average, lower than other traditional velvet fabrics.
- Breathability and heat retention: The breathability and heat retention capacity of cotton velvet fabric is only average. This makes velvet fabric not suitable for use in tropical climates, because the weather is too cold, the fabric is not able to keep warm, and when the temperature is high, the fabric does not help much. breathable, cool.
- Easily frayed: After a period of use, the surface of the velvet fabric may fade, causing the garment to lose its color uniformity on the entire surface. If not stored properly, fabric can fade faster than other fabrics.
- Less elastic: With the toothpicks woven on the surface, the cotton velvet fabric has reduced elasticity, so the velvet fabric is not suitable for sewing tight and tight clothes.
Applications of velvet fabric
Velvet fabric has the ability to keep heat stable, helping the wearer feel warm in the days when the weather is a bit chilly. In addition, with a unique fabric pattern, velvet fabric is used in many different types of fashion products such as shoes, bags, coats, pants, skirts. With high elasticity, velvet fabric is easy to sew, easy to cut and does not wrinkle or shrink after use.
How to preserve items with velvet fabric
To preserve items made of velvet fabric for a long time, you can refer to the following steps:
- Wash by hand or in washing machine with gentle cycle and cold water . Avoid using hot water or strong detergents, because they can reduce the durability of the corduroy.
- Do not soak clothes made of velvet fabric for too long, just soak in water for a few minutes and rinse with clean water to remove dirt.
- Hang clothes or items made of velvet outside or hang them in a cool place indoors where the wind blows.
- If ironing is required, use low heat and iron while the garment is still damp to avoid damaging the fabric.
- Keep clothing made of corduroy in a cool, dry, and ventilated place. If possible, fold clothes into velvet bags or boxes to keep out dirt and insects.
Above is information about the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of velvet fabric. Cfis.edu.vn hopes that the above article will provide many useful information for you.
Buy all kinds of washing powder at Cfis.edu.vn to wash clothes:
Thank you for reading this post What is velvet fabric? Pros and cons of velvet fabric at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.