You are viewing the article What is Tummy Time? Benefits of tummy time for babies? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
On January 8, singer Dong Nhi shared on her fanpage about tummy time training for Winnie – her daughter from a few days old. Up to now, Winnie is more than 2 months old and has been able to “lift her head” on her own. So what is tummy that is so “miracle”? Let’s find out together with Cfis.edu.vn.
Thep POH – Thai Teaching and Scientific Parenting information page shared information about tummy time training methods. And this is also the page that singer Dong Nhi shares for everyone’s reference.
What is Tummy Time?
Tummy time is understood as a method of training babies to lie on their stomachs through the supervision of parents and adults . This helps encourage the baby to move, exercise the muscles in the body as well as control the head in the neck.
In addition, tummy time also helps babies develop gross motor skills, skills needed to move like rolling and crawling . Not only that, this is also a way to encourage children to play and learn.
From when can you practice tummy time for your baby?
Babies can practice tummy time right after birth because when they start early, they will be easier to get used to the tummy time position. You don’t have to wait until your baby’s umbilical cord falls off and heals to practice, just make sure your baby is lying on his stomach on a soft blanket (if you let him practice on the floor).
In addition, the mother can also let the baby lie on his stomach or chest and can put a soft pillow under his head for comfort. At this time, mother and baby should spend time talking and interacting with each other’s eyes.
Benefits of tummy time
Tummy time will help your baby’s back, neck and shoulders healthier . Gradually, your baby will learn to stretch and straighten his arms. From there, the baby will quickly learn to roll and crawl. Peta Smith , vice president of the Association of Pediatric Physiotherapists (APCP), also said that babies who are less prone to tummy time may experience delays in development such as crawling and walking.
This method also helps develop neck muscles and better control the baby’s head . From there, the baby will “explore” more places, easily develop the ability to coordinate and observe.
You know, lying on your back a lot can make your baby’s head slightly flat on one side. Meanwhile, tummy time will minimize this problem by reducing pressure on the head .
Furthermore, in a study on the effects of behavioral stimulation during tummy time in babies with Down’s syndrome and related hypotonia, tummy tuck may develop motor skills disturbances in infants. congenital (Down syndrome) faster.
Time and how to practice tummy time effectively
At first, you just need to let your baby practice for a few minutes (2-5 minutes) / day, 2-3 times / day or until the baby seems tired, bored, then stop.
Gradually, the mother can increase the time, about 10 minutes / time, 6 times / day (total is about 40-60 minutes / day). If your baby likes and is happy with this, then every 15-20 minutes, you should alternate between lying on his stomach and lying on his back.
Some ways to practice tummy time for babies that mothers can refer to:
– Put the baby on the stomach, on the belly, lap, chest of the parents or let the baby play with the gym ball.
Baby lies on a flat surface with hands in front of chest .
– Put a towel, C-pillow, soft blanket or tummy time training mat with cushion inside, … under the baby’s chest when doing tummy time.
– Put a plastic mirror in front of the child so that the child can see himself in it . This can make your baby curious, encouraging him to raise his head and lean forward.
Note when tummy time
– If the weather is warm, try giving your baby tummy time without clothes (just a diaper) or a thin shirt. Then, place your baby on the blanket so he can feel the texture of the material on his skin.
– Parents must always supervise their children during tummy time and do not let them sleep on their stomach (even for a nap). Because this can increase the risk of sudden infant death (although quite rare). Instead, when sleeping, the baby should still lie on his back .
– You should give your baby tummy time when the baby is happy and awake because it will not work with the baby who is demanding, irritable, fussy, … where.
Tips for when your baby doesn’t like to lie on his stomach
– During tummy time, parents should interact, talk, sing, play, … with the baby to develop affection as well as encourage the baby to move and observe the parents. Or let your baby hold toys, especially those that make sounds like rattles, so that he doesn’t get bored during tummy time.
– Take advantage of skin-to-skin contact time to practice tummy time for your baby.
Have your baby lie on their stomach on their chest , watching and listening to each other’s heartbeats.
– Place your baby on your stomach, thighs, or hold a rugby position. The baby can be placed on his stomach over the mother’s forearm and supported with another hand.
– Place pillows or cushions inside the baby’s belly to help him raise his head and see his surroundings better.
Hopefully through the above sharing, you have learned what tummy time is as well as the benefits that this method brings. Now you can refer to it and practice it for your baby right away.
>> The reasons why babies cry
>> Instructions on how to take care of your baby’s umbilical cord
>> Take care of your baby’s body with pure coconut oil
Good experience Cfis.edu.vn
Thank you for reading this post What is Tummy Time? Benefits of tummy time for babies? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.