You are viewing the article What is “super male XYY” syndrome? Signs to recognize and how to treat? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
“XYY super male” syndrome, also known as Jacob’s syndrome, is a syndrome that occurs in men due to an extra Y chromosome compared to the normal XY chromosome set. Today, let’s go to Cfis.edu.vn to learn more about this syndrome and its treatment!
What is XYY syndrome in men?
XYY syndrome is also known as super male syndrome or Jacob syndrome. This is an unusual condition that affects only men. Specifically, normal men will have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome, but when they have this syndrome, they will have an extra Y chromosome.
According to the US National Institutes of Health, 1 in 1000 boys can develop this syndrome.
XYY syndrome is a random disorder of cell division that is not inherited from parents. This disorder can occur before conception in parental reproductive cells or during embryonic development. When cell division is disrupted during embryonic development, it leads to extra chromosomes, causing “super-male” syndrome.
Signs and symptoms of super male syndrome
People with super male syndrome often have a number of distinct characteristics in appearance, perception, and personality. Signs and symptoms of this syndrome vary from man to man and from age to age.
Signs and symptoms in children:
- Slow to speak and have difficulty expressing words.
- Intelligence develops slowly, the ability to learn is less than that of children of the same age.
- Simple movements like sitting down or walking are slow.
- Weak muscles, slow growing muscles.
- Hands tremble and move unconsciously.
- Have asthma.
Signs and symptoms in adults:
- Difficulty expressing emotions as well as social behaviors.
- Attention deficit or hyperactivity disorder.
- Or suffer from excessive anxiety.
- Appearance: Obese, flat feet, curved little fingers, large distance between eyes, head grows larger than normal, big teeth, crooked spine.
Diagnostic method of super male syndrome
Diagnosis of super male syndrome is made through prenatal tests such as amniocentesis or chorionic villus biopsies.
- Amniocentesis: Taking a sample of the amniotic fluid around the developing fetus and having it analyzed.
- Chorionic villus biopsy: Removes a tissue sample from part of the placenta for analysis.
- Performing these tests can recognize the presence of an excess Y chromosome, thereby providing timely treatment.
Questions related to super male syndrome
Is Super Male Syndrome Hereditary?
Most of these syndromes occur randomly during fertilization, not inherited.
Can a person with super male syndrome have children?
Physiologically, most men with super male syndrome can produce the hormone testosterone and develop sex normally, so they can still have children.
However, a very small number of men with this syndrome may experience decreased sex drive, decreased sperm count, and severe infertility.
Is super male syndrome curable?
At the moment, there is no definitive cure for the super-male syndrome , but there are other treatment options such as treatment for infertility, testosterone hormone supplementation, surgery to reduce symptoms and manifestations of the disease. ,…
If parents suspect that their child has super male syndrome, parents should take their child to see a doctor for early diagnosis and testing.
Above are the sharing of Cfis.edu.vn about super male syndrome, signs and treatment. Hopefully with this article, you can pocket useful knowledge. Thanks for watching!
Source: Vietnam Women Newspaper
Choose to buy a water bottle at Cfis.edu.vn to replenish water when playing sports and exercising:
Thank you for reading this post What is “super male XYY” syndrome? Signs to recognize and how to treat? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.