You are viewing the article What is stretching? Health benefits of stretching exercises at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
What stretching exercises are there, how to practice stretching techniques to bring the best effect when applying, and what are the notes when practicing? Let’s find out more details with Cfis.edu.vn in the article below.
What is stretching?
Stretching is post-workout stretching exercises to help muscles relax after a stressful workout. Stretching will help stretch and increase the elasticity and flexibility of muscles, thereby helping the body reduce pain and limit injury.
Classification of stretching exercises
Dynamic Stretching is often performed by many sprinters or athletes. This is a type of stretch where the practitioner must move continuously to be able to stretch the muscles of the body.
Unlike dynamic stretching, static stretching will require the practitioner to perform the stretch and hold in a position for 20-45 seconds. Static stretches include two main types:
- Active stretch: Use your own strength to maintain the stretch.
- Passive stretching: Use supportive devices such as resistance bands, towels, … to stretch muscles.
Active Focused Stretching
Active Isolated Stretching will only require the performer to hold the position for 2 seconds instead of 20-45 seconds like static stretching . However, when performing this technique, the practitioner must perform the movement many times.
Stretching the body
Somatic stretching is performed with a gentler form than the techniques above. Movements that you can do are stretching, turning your neck, arching your back.
Benefits of doing stretching
Stretching gives the practitioner a lot of health benefits such as minimizing muscle soreness, muscle tension after exercise, and making the body more flexible . Besides stretching also brings other benefits including:
- Minimize the risk of injury.
- Slow down the progression of osteoarthritis
- Supports blood circulation to the muscles.
- Increase physical performance
When should you practice stretching?
According to the American Heart Association , stretching is best done after a warm-up, when the muscles have been warmed up, or after exercise. Stretching at this point will help you feel comfortable and the muscles will not be tight or sore. As follows:
- Post-workout (Static stretching): Stretching will help lower your heart rate, bringing your blood pressure back to normal after a workout.
- Before training (dynamic stretching exercise): It is recommended to perform the dynamic stretching technique 5-10 minutes before starting to practice.
- Stretch during the day: Helps the body avoid muscle tension when standing or sitting for a long time.
Safety note when doing stretching
When doing stretching, you need to keep a few things in mind:
- When starting out with stretching, it is advisable to hold the position for 10 seconds and gradually increase it to 30 seconds as you get used to the frequency of the exercise.
- Slowly stretch the muscle group you want to work until it feels comfortable without pain.
- Repeat the stretch 3-5 times to see the effect that stretching brings.
- When stretching, you need to breathe evenly.
- Do not jerk or jump when doing stretching, do it slowly and slowly.
- If you feel pain, you should stop the exercise.
- Alternate stretching exercises in major muscle groups such as thighs, calves, neck, shoulders, lower back, …
However, some subjects should not practice stretching such as:
- People with cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes . Consult your doctor for proper stretching techniques.
- Don’t do stretching while you’re injured or strained . This will damage your muscles and tendons.
The above article is information about stretching techniques as well as notes when practicing stretching. Let’s follow the next articles of Cfis.edu.vn to update other useful information.
Source: Health website Hellobacsi.com
Choose to buy a quality water bottle for sale at Cfis.edu.vn to replenish water while jogging:
Thank you for reading this post What is stretching? Health benefits of stretching exercises at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.