You are viewing the article What is sialic acid? The role of sialic acid and food sources at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Sialic acid is a nutrient that seems very unfamiliar to people. However, it is a nutrient that plays an important role in health, especially for children. So what is sialic acid? The role and food source of sialic acid for the body , learn below.
What is sialic acid?
Sialic acid , also known as N-acetyneuraminic acid, is a constituent of Ganglioside – a molecule that is concentrated in nerve endings, has the function of transmitting nerve signals, helping to improve memory and brain formation. In children, strengthens the immune system, is abundant in bird’s nest, eggs, cheese.
The role of sialic acid with health?
- Helps improve memory in the elderly.
- Reduces the risk of kidney stones and allergies. In addition, sialic acid also supports the metabolism of blood cells in the body.
- For cancer patients, supplementing with sialic acid helps the body to quickly recover from radiation and chemotherapy sessions . Because sialic acid has the effect of quickly recovering the body when exposed to radiation, damaged red blood cells.
- Sialic acid plays an essential role in the formation of a baby’s brain , especially for babies.
- Children’s learning, memory and cognitive ability will be significantly improved, if sialic acid is fully supplemented in the diet.
- In addition, sialic acid also helps strengthen the immune system , repels some pathogenic bacteria and viruses from the body.
Food sources of sialic acid for the body
- Bird’s nest, bird’s nest juice is a food source containing a lot of sialic acid to mention first. The content of sialic acid in bird’s nest usually accounts for about 9% to 15% of the total weight. This is considered a source of nutritious food for humans.
- In addition, other foods such as eggs and cheese also contain a certain amount of sialic acid.
- Formula milk is also a food source of sialic acid for the baby’s body. Manufacturers have included in milk powder the necessary amount of sialic acid for the baby’s daily needs. For young children, this is a familiar and effective source of sialic acid.
For example, in Enfagrow A+ 3 vanilla cans milk powder contains up to 36mg of sialic acid.
Notes when supplementing with sialic acid
- Salanganes’Nest is very good for human health. But it should be noted when giving bird’s nest to young children. Absolutely do not let children under 1 year old use oats . For children over 1 year old, it is recommended to give them an appropriate dose of bird’s nest.
- For people with diabetes, if they want to supplement sialic acid with bird’s nest, they should choose sugar-free bird’s nest .
- For babies, breast milk also contains sialic acid to provide babies. In addition to breast milk, you should choose formula containing sialic acid to provide enough nutrients for the baby’s brain development.
Thus, sialic acid is very important for the formation of the brain in children, helping to improve memory, and strengthen the body’s immune system. Hope this article helps you understand what sialic acid is? Role and source of sialic acid for the body. From there, it is necessary to have a reasonable sialic acid supplement diet.
You will be interested in:
>> What is benzoic acid? Is it dangerous to health?
>> Note when eating acidic foods
>> What is Omega 9 (Oleic Acid)?
Thank you for reading this post What is sialic acid? The role of sialic acid and food sources at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.