You are viewing the article What is rice bran oil? Potential benefits and harms of rice bran oil at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Rice bran oil is now quite popular in families, can replace vegetable oil, olive oil. However, do you understand all about rice bran oil to protect the health of the whole family? What is rice bran oil? What are the potential benefits and harms of rice bran oil? Read the article below.
What is rice bran oil?
Rice bran oil was first produced in New Zealand in 2006. The oil is extracted from rice germ and bran (the brown film that covers the outside of the rice grain). These are the two most nutritious and oiliest components of the rice grain.
In Asian cuisine, rice bran oil is preferred in cooking. This is also the oil that Japanese women love to use for face care.
Nutritional value of rice bran oil
Rice bran oil contains a lot of heart-healthy unsaturated fats like olive oil and canola oil. 1 tablespoon of rice bran oil contains 120 calories and 14 grams of fat. Rice bran oil is also a good source of vitamin E for immune support and health.
Besides, other nutrients like tocotrienols, oryzanol and plant sterols found in rice bran oil are said to be good for health.
Potential benefits and harms of rice bran oil
According to information published on the online newspaper Labor – an agency of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labor, shows that rice bran oil has the following benefits:
Benefits of rice bran oil
- Good for heart health: Rice bran oil contains both monounsaturated fat (as in olive oil) and polyunsaturated fat (as in sunflower oil). These fats help improve heart health, prevent the absorption of bad cholesterol that affects health.
- Anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory: Rice bran oil contains oryzanol, which is believed to have the ability to fight certain enzymes that promote inflammation. The ability to increase antioxidants in rice bran oil is also more than in soybean oil.
- Prevents Cancer: A test-tube and animal study showed that tocotrienol in rice bran oil suppresses the growth of cancer cells such as lung, breast, brain, and pancreatic cancers. human and animal cells when exposed to high ionizing radiation.
- However, you also need to remember that this is not a cancer drug, but only a nutritional support product that works to limit these cancers.
- In addition, rice bran oil also supports the treatment of diabetes, obesity, boosts immune system health and improves liver function.
- Beauty: The high content of gamma oryzanol and vitamin E in rice bran oil helps to minimize the effects of free radicals, preventing the formation of wrinkles on the skin. Rice bran oil also provides moisture to the skin, better when you combine it with honey, turmeric, …
Harm of rice bran oil
- High in omega-6 (linoleic acid) but no omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid). Scientifically, both substances are very beneficial for health, but consuming an imbalance of the two substances can cause bad consequences for health.
- When too much omega-6 is used, it takes up all the necessary enzymes and vitamins, causing the omega-3s to be eliminated. Omega-3s are anti-inflammatory and prevent cardiovascular disease, but omega-6 causes inflammation, leading to diabetes, arthritis or cancer.
- Rice bran oil is not processed by cold pressing (heat or chemical treatment), so it will not retain the same nutrients as other pressed oils such as olive oil, palm oil, …
Things to note when using rice bran oil
You can use rice bran oil in cooking such as stir-fries, soups, salads, etc. It is recommended to use a moderate and reasonable amount to provide adequate nutrients in the meal. You can also use rice bran oil in beauty but need to ensure hygiene and safety.
Where to buy rice bran oil? How much?
You can buy rice bran oil at essential oil stores, grocery stores. You can also find and buy on e-commerce platforms like Shopee, Lazada, … or websites selling essential oils online,…
Reference price: About 85,000 VND/bottle of 10ml
Above are the necessary knowledge about rice bran oil for you to better understand and the uses and harms of this product. Hope you have more knowledge to choose and use rice bran oil appropriately.
Source: Labor e-newspaper
Buy cooking oils at Cfis.edu.vn for immediate use
Thank you for reading this post What is rice bran oil? Potential benefits and harms of rice bran oil at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.