You are viewing the article What is Rhodiola? Health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Rhodiola is one of the precious medicinal herbs with health effects but very few people know about it. Today Cfis.edu.vn will answer all the questions surrounding this plant, please take a look.
What is Rhodiola?
Rhodiola is also known as golden root plant , in addition, they also have other names such as: Arctic Root, Extrait de Rhodiola, Golden Root, Hongjingtian, King’s Crown, Lignum Rhodium, Orpin Rose, Racine d’Or, Racine Dorée, Racine de Rhodiola, Rhodiola rosea, Rhodiola, Rhodiola Rouge Bamboo, Rodia Riza, Rose Root.
Characteristics and distribution
An adaptogenic herb, the plant is about 50 – 70cm tall, the leaves are green, thick and serrated around the edges. Rhodiola Rosea flowers are bright yellow, with many small flowers inside in clusters. The tree is native to Scandinavia and Russia, usually distributed in the high mountains of India and China.
Health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea
Rhodiola contains enzymes and proteins necessary for muscle recovery , from which it can help people who do high-intensity sports recover quickly.
Another use of the golden root plant is that it has the ability to improve the brain effectively. Many studies have shown this use of it.
Cardiovascular treatment support
Golden root has the ability to reduce the levels of corticosteroids and catecholamines secreted by the adrenal glands when the body is under stress. These hormones are responsible for high cholesterol, high blood pressure and potassium levels, which are the leading causes of cardiovascular disease.
Support cancer treatment
According to the studies of scientists, the golden root plant can resist toxins, thereby inhibiting the activity of tumors . Many studies show that it helps improve urinary and immunity in patients with bladder cancer and increase the survival rate for patients with other cancers.
Golden root helps restore the body’s metabolism quickly, thereby helping to protect the immune system. Moreover, golden root plant also helps regulate blood sugar levels, which is very good for diabetics.
According to the research of scientists, the golden root helps to enhance the ability of the thyroid gland, to help protect the body , to repel diseases and causes of aging.
Support weight loss
Thanks to the ability to stimulate lipolytic fat breakdown, helping lipids be burned quickly , golden root plant brings great weight loss ability.
Dosage of Rhodiola
There is currently no exact dosage for Rhodiola, as studies have used dosages ranging from 50mg to nearly 700mg Rhodiola Rosea SHR-5.
For different health conditions, Rhodiola Rosea is available in different dosages, the estimated amount is around 100-200mg if taken as a daily supplement for several weeks , for acute cases take it. with a higher dose of 500 – 700 mg and not regularly.
Therefore, you should see your doctor to discuss your health status as well as get the best dose for yourself.
In addition, Rhodiola Rosea is also available in capsule and liquid form so you can purchase a supplement for your body if needed.
What might Rhodiola Rosea interact with?
Before using Rhodiola Rosea need to consult a doctor to know exactly. Generally, Rhodiola Rosea can:
- Affects platelet aggregation if used in high doses.
- Interspersed with oral contraceptives.
- Add to the stimulant effect of caffeine.
- Strengthen anti-anxiety, antibiotics, antidepressants.
- Interfere with the effects of diabetes and thyroid medications.
Side effects of rhodiola?
Common side effects of Rhodiola Rosea include:
- Causes allergies, irritability, insomnia, high blood pressure or chest pain.
- Causes agitation, anxiety or headache.
- If you experience any unwanted side effects, it is best to consult your doctor for timely advice.
Precautions when using Rhodiola Rosea
Some notes when using Rhodiola Rosea are as follows:
- Consult your doctor before using Rhodiola Rosea if you are taking other medications, have a history of allergies to herbs or other chemicals, have any other medical conditions.
- The safe time to use Rhodiola Rosea is from 6 to 10 weeks , so if you use it beyond this time, consult your doctor.
- Pregnant and nursing women also need expert advice before taking Rhodiola Rosea.
- Doctors advise against giving Rhodiola-containing medicines to children under 12 years of age. Because children’s bodies are fragile, the strong effects of drugs on the body can lead to dangerous consequences such as: Red skin, rash, nausea and vomiting, headache, irritability…
Recently, Cfis.edu.vn introduced to you all about the Rhodiola Rosea plant. Hope you will gain interesting knowledge through this article.
Thank you for reading this post What is Rhodiola? Health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.