You are viewing the article What is Omega 6? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
What is Omega 6?
- Omega 6 is a type of fat, belonging to the group of unsaturated, polyunsaturated fats. This is an essential fatty acid that cannot be synthesized by the body and must be obtained through food.
- Omega 6 ingredients include: LA (Linoleic Acid), GLA (Gamma linolenic acid), DGLA (Dihomo gamma linolenic acid) and AA (Arachidonic acid). Among them, the most important is linoleic acid – an essential fatty acid present in most daily vegetable oils.
What are the health benefits of Omega 6?
- Omega 6 helps prevent the risk of cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, anti-atherosclerotic, fatty liver, … According to the American Heart Association , in omega 6 contains linoleic acid to help reduce the risk. suffer from cardiovascular diseases.
- Omega 6 supplements also help reduce joint pain, arthritis, and regulate blood pressure.
- For women, Omega 6 relieves uncomfortable symptoms before menstruation, reducing pre-menopause symptoms.
- Omega 6 is good for brain and eye performance: Reduce eye fatigue when active, prevent eye aging and brain degeneration in the elderly.
For pregnant women
- For the fetus, Omega 6 plays an important role in brain development and vision.
- For mothers, Omega 6 helps reduce the risk of premature birth, pre-eclampsia, the risk of postpartum depression.
- Along with Omega 3, Omega 6 are two types of essential fatty acids, necessary for the normal development of the brain, affecting children’s ability to learn and remember.
- In addition, Omega 6 also contributes to improving the resistance, helping the child’s body to fully absorb the necessary nutrients.
Omega 6 imbalance and excess
- An imbalance of Omega 6 and Omega 3 causes harm to the body. Because Omega 6 and Omega 3 use the same nutrients to function. More Omega 6 will take up all the nutrients, making Omega 3 work less effectively.
- Excess omega 6 will cause obesity, cause pain, arthritis, asthma, make the body retain more water, increase blood pressure, leading to an increased risk of blood clots in the vessels.
- For pregnant women, an imbalance between Omega 6 and Omega 3 increases the risk of breast cancer.
- What is Omega 9 (oleic acid)? Effects and food sources of Omega 9 for the body
Optimal Omega 3 and Omega 6 ratio
Studies show that the healthy Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio you should follow is between 1:1 and 5:1.
The best ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 for pregnant women is 2:1. Exceeding this ratio, excess Omega 6 will be harmful to health.
Reference: What is Omega 3 or Linolenic Acid?
Omega 6 is found in what foods?
- Vegetable oil is a food source that contains a lot of Omega 6, such as soybean oil, flaxseed oil, corn oil, sesame oil, sunflower oil, etc.
- Eggs, fish, fat and other daily foods also contain the necessary amount of Omega 6 for the body.
- Powdered milk is the main source of supplementary food with Omega 6 and Omega 3 at the same time. The Omega 6 content in milk powder is researched to be suitable for each age group and different uses.
Tips for supplementing with omega 6 (arachidonic acid)
- It is necessary to balance the ratio between the amount of Omega 6 and Omega 3 supplements for the body, in order to promote the effects of omega 6 in the best way, avoiding harm to health.
- In case of taking Omega 6 supplements, it is advisable to consult a doctor for proper use.
- Because omega 6 is provided a lot from everyday foods, it is very important to choose safe foods. Should choose to buy consumer food at reputable and quality selling points in the market.
Supplementing with omega 6 properly will bring great benefits to health. In the process of supplementing with omega 6, it is necessary to pay attention to the balance between the amount of omega 6 and omega 3 provided to the body to achieve the best effect!
Good experience Cfis.edu.vn
Thank you for reading this post What is Omega 6? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.