You are viewing the article What is myopia? How nearsighted should I start wearing glasses? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Currently, there are many people who wear glasses, but not everyone understands how to use them properly to be good for their eyes. How should people with nearsightedness wear glasses and take care of their eyes? All the answers will be in the article below!
What are eyeglasses?
Myopia is a type of diverging lens, which helps to correct the image to focus properly on the retina . For people with myopia, they can only see close objects and find it difficult to see distant objects. At that time, nearsighted glasses are a cost-effective solution to effectively overcome nearsightedness.
What is my nearsightedness before I start wearing glasses?
Many people think that, if you have severe nearsightedness, you need to wear glasses. However, this is a erroneous view. Because, even if it is only 0.75 degrees, it can also affect our daily life and work. So how much nearsightedness should I start wearing glasses?
- 0.25 degrees: This is the smallest degree of myopia, does not affect too much to daily life, so you do not need to wear glasses at this degree.
- 0.5 degrees: You will see a little blur when seeing things in the distance, but you can still see well without glasses.
- 0.75 degrees : You need to wear glasses to not affect your daily life.
- 1 degree : You will have difficulty seeing from a distance, it is mandatory to wear glasses if you are a driver, police officer, …
- 1.5 degrees: You should wear glasses to ensure work and daily life.
- 2 degrees or more: You must wear glasses to be able to work and study smoothly.
It should also be noted that the time and need for wearing glasses is different for each person. For example, middle-aged people, or people who do jobs that do not require long-distance vision, do not need to wear glasses all day. People with myopia of 1-2 degrees should not wear glasses throughout the day, because this will affect the ability of the eyes to adjust when looking up close.
If it goes on for a long time, this condition will make you too dependent on glasses. For those who work a lot and are forced to wear glasses, take time to rest and relax your eyes. After every 30 minutes to 1 hour of work , give your eyes a rest and look away for about 3 hours. – 5 minutes.
Types of glasses for nearsighted people
Framed glasses are a popular type of glasses for nearsighted people. This is a cost-effective solution to dealing with refractive errors.
Advantages of frame glasses
- Cost-effective and easy to maintain.
- Prevent dry eyes.
- Prevents the risk of infection because there is no need to touch your eyes directly.
- Easier to wear, not messy or uncomfortable to wear.
- Comfortable to wear, easy to choose the right frame for your personal style.
- Has the ability to protect eyes from UV rays, dust caused by polluted environment, …
Cons of framed glasses
- Eyeglass frames worn close to the eyes make the space narrow, making it difficult to observe peripheral vision for new wearers.
- If you choose the wrong frame, it will affect the aesthetics.
- Those who are severely nearsighted must wear thick frames that will make their eyes look smaller.
- It is raining or foggy, wearing glasses affects vision.
- If you participate in some contact sports, you will not be able to use glasses.
Contact lenses are glasses worn close to the eyes, for people with refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, presbyopia, … There are 2 types of contact lenses: hard contact lenses and soft contact lenses . Hard contact lenses are suitable for people with severe refractive errors and long-term use.
Soft contact lenses have a shelf life of 1 day, 1 week, 1 month,…depending on the case that you choose the right glasses for you.
Advantages of contact lenses
- Does not cause blur, does not affect visibility when it rains or encounters fog.
- High aesthetics.
- No vision restriction, can look around easily.
- Can be used when participating in contact sports or vigorous activity.
Disadvantages of contact lenses
- Improper cleaning can cause infections, corneal ulcers, corneal abrasions, epithelial diseases, …
- Regular cleaning is required, so it can be inconvenient for busy people.
- Wearing for a long time may cause eye irritation, dry eyes.
Harm of wearing glasses the wrong way?
Wearing glasses the wrong way can make you feel uncomfortable, cause amblyopia and eye strain . Besides, wearing the wrong glasses for a long time can lead to double vision .
Not only that, many people share they have headaches, dizziness, nausea, distorted vision when wearing glasses , which is due to improper wearing of glasses.
Wearing glasses with the wrong degree of myopia does not help with the refractive error that your child makes it worse. In addition, the use of glasses frames that are too tight can cause pressure on both temples, leading to discomfort and discomfort. The glasses and the two sides of the nose need to be aligned correctly, to avoid causing loss of aesthetics.
Should I always wear glasses for nearsightedness?
Depending on the job characteristics, each person’s need for glasses is different. For example, people who are retired, or who work in jobs that don’t require long-distance vision don’t need to wear glasses all day. If you are nearsighted from 1-2 degrees, you only need to use glasses when you have to see far, do not wear glasses all day.
Because this will reduce the ability to adjust when the eyes look up close. If you have a job that requires frequent use of glasses, you should give your eyes a break every 30 minutes. For people with myopia of 2 degrees or more, according to eye experts, you should wear glasses regularly to help your eyes see better.
If you are nearsighted from 3 degrees or more without wearing glasses, your myopia can increase rapidly , which can lead to retinal degeneration in the long run.
How to properly care for nearsighted eyes
Routine eye exams
You need to have regular eye exams every 3 – 6 months at specialized eye facilities. This helps nearsighted people receive timely treatment support, adjust myopia accordingly, and receive appropriate eye care instructions. Regular eye exams also help you avoid wearing the wrong glasses, affecting your eye health and daily life.
Choose a reputable eye clinic
On the market today, there are many different eye examination facilities, you need to choose a reputable and quality address for eye examination. The best way is to visit an eye specialist hospital for proper examination and treatment.
Choose the right glasses
You should choose glasses that ensure quality, correct myopia, have the ability to protect your eyes from UV rays, dust-proof, anti-blue light, …
Above is information about eyeglasses, how to choose the right glasses as well as frequently asked questions when wearing glasses. Hope the answers from Cfis.edu.vn will help you. Please share this article with your friends and family!
Source: Kinhcansg.com, Vinmec
Buy fresh fruits of all kinds at Cfis.edu.vn to supplement vitamins for the eyes:
Thank you for reading this post What is myopia? How nearsighted should I start wearing glasses? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.