You are viewing the article What is Molybdenum? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
The effect of Molybdenum in the body
– In the human body, molybdenum is concentrated in the liver, kidneys, fat cells, adrenal glands and bones, lungs, and spleen. The muscles and brain are also present but few, it also exists in the enamel.
Molybdenum is one of the indispensable trace elements in the human body, preventing anemia, promoting growth, helping to metabolize fats and sugars.
Molybdenum present in teeth can help prevent tooth decay.
– It helps to detoxify too much copper in the body.
It also prevents the risk of decreased fertility.
– Lack of Molybdenum will cause heart palpitations, shortness of breath, anxiety and insecurity…
– People with allergies, asthma, intestinal diseases, premature babies, people with too low uric acid levels or too high aldehydes, malnourished people, people with high blood copper levels … then need to add Molybdenum.
– Molybdenum is an important trace element to ensure the comprehensive development of children, help them eat well, avoid rickets, malnutrition…
– Children weighing 10 kg will have about 1.0 mg of Molybdenum in the body.
For pregnant women
Molybdenum is necessary for the metabolism of proteins and fats, and helps the fetus move and absorb iron better.
– The amount of molybdenum needed per day for pregnant women is 50 micrograms.
Food sources of Molybdenum
Animal organs, dark green vegetables, soybeans, chickpeas, and unrefined grains are natural sources of molybdenum. Usually, a normal, adequate diet will not worry about molybdenum deficiency.
Milk is also a source of molybdenum for the body, including milk for children, milk for pregnant women…
Note when tolerating molybdenum
– Molybdenum has two effects: deficiency will make the body toxic, including the risk of cancer; But excess will reduce the excess copper in the body and cause some joint diseases such as Gout.
– The average absorption requirement per day with molybdenum is 0.3 mg, absorption over 0.4 mg can cause toxicity.
– Molybdenum deficiency due to absorption of less than 0.05 mg/day can cause stunting, decreased appetite…
– Using drugs with Molybdenum may experience some side effects such as fatigue, headache, joint pain.
See also: What is MCT fat?
Molybdenum, or lead, is an essential micronutrient to prevent anemia, detoxify copper, and avoid malnutrition in children. Molybdenum deficiency or excess has negative effects on health, so you need to supplement Molybdenum according to your body’s needs.
Thank you for reading this post What is Molybdenum? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.