You are viewing the article What is leech disease? Causes and treatments at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Eczema is a common inflammatory skin disease. Join Cfis.edu.vn to learn the causes, symptoms, treatment and prevention of leech disease through the article below.
What is leech disease?
This is a special inflammatory skin disease caused by fungi on the skin , which brings many troubles to daily activities. The most obvious symptom of the disease is the appearance of many blisters on the skin under the skin such as the feet and hands.
The disease can spread to many other areas around. At first, there will be many blisters under the skin, making you very uncomfortable, but the more you scratch, the more and more acne spots spread , leading to many other troubles.
Symptoms of dysentery
Hives develop according to the following symptom stages:
- Appearance of blisters: The skin after being damaged and infected by the fungus will begin to appear small blisters about 2mm in size under the skin. Symptoms begin to appear mainly on the palms, soles, fingers and toes. These blisters are located deep inside the skin and are difficult to break. Touching will have a rough feeling like there is a “leech nest” inside, which is very uncomfortable.
- Causes itching: After the appearance of blisters, the damaged skin will begin to feel a burning pain that makes the patient very uncomfortable. This condition will worsen if the patient is exposed to irritating chemicals such as soaps or irritants.
- Infection: The increased itching will make the patient tend to scratch or scratch the infected site. This causes the blisters to burst open, which is both painful and causes the skin to crack, allowing bacteria to enter and cause an infection.
- Formation of dead skin scales: After infection, the skin areas will slowly dry to form scaly layers that are easy to peel off, causing unsightly.
- Deformity of fingernails and toenails: In some cases, when the disease has progressed, it causes lymphadenitis, which can lead to severe deformity of toenails. The more enlarged the lymph node, the more dangerous and severe the deformity.
Common causes of dysentery
Currently, medicine has not found the exact cause of this disease, but there are some factors that can lead to it:
- Genetics: People who live with family members or close relatives who have a history of ringworm have a higher risk of developing it than the general population. According to many statistics, up to 50% of cases of this disease come from genetics.
- Allergies: Some skin is inherently sensitive but is exposed to many cleaning chemicals that cause allergies to appear and cause hives.
- Weak resistance: Some people have chronic diseases , are immunocompromised or have a lot of work and lack of nutrients, which will lead to a weakened immune system, making it easier for harmful agents to enter the body and cause damage. cause a number of diseases and dysentery can occur for this reason.
- Side effects of drugs: Overuse of therapeutic drugs or skin care products can seriously damage the skin’s barrier , from which pathogens penetrate the skin and cause damage. so leech disease.
- Stress, stress: Working for a long time, excessive fatigue can cause the body to be stressed and stressed, reduce resistance, and increase the risk of disease.
- A number of other causes can cause flare-ups such as fungal infections, disorders of the sympathetic nervous system in contact with metal, and atopic eczema.
How to treat leeches
In the case of mild illness, the doctor will recommend the patient to treat it locally by:
- Soak the infected skin in a diluted solution of potassium permanganate in a certain ratio, depending on the condition of the disease.
- Dot BSI 1-3% on the skin with leech acne.
- Use an anti-infective medicine to apply to the broken, infected pustules.
- Shine ultraviolet rays on the diseased skin to kill bacteria and remove it.
Note: These techniques should be performed by professional medical personnel. Patients should not self-treat at home.
In cases where the disease has become severe, appear many pustules, infected skin, the patient will need to use medicine to treat.
Commonly used drugs are anti-infective drugs that are applied directly to the skin, combined with antibiotics to fight inflammation, dry wounds, or antifungal drugs such as Clotrimazol, Ketoconazole.
Reference: What should people with leech nest abstain from and what should they eat to get better quickly?
Measures to prevent leech disease
Here are some preventive measures you should know about:
- Limit exposure to pathogens: This disease appears most in spring and summer, so at this time you should avoid contact with chemicals, animal hair, … or other agents.
- Should not be in direct contact with chemicals: Excessive exposure to toxic chemicals, detergents or gasoline is also the cause of leech disease. Therefore, you should use gloves and protective gear if you have to come into contact with these substances.
- Cleanliness: You should clean the skin to avoid clogged skin, causing dermatitis. As well as do not forget to clean the body thoroughly after contact with dirt, contaminated water with soap to remove harmful agents that exist on the skin.
- Do not abuse drugs: You should only use drugs exactly as prescribed by your doctor, avoiding abuse that affects the skin barrier, increasing the risk of disease.
- Scientific diet: You should add to your diet foods rich in vitamins and minerals, helping to strengthen the body’s resistance.
- Drinking enough water every day helps the body eliminate toxins better and do not forget to limit eating foods high in sugar, fat, alcohol, stimulants, …
- Build a healthy lifestyle: In addition to eating, you should also have a reasonable schedule to avoid prolonged stress, increase exercise and sports to help relieve stress as well as strengthen your immune system. resistance to the body.
Above is the information about the disease, treatment and prevention that Cfis.edu.vn wants to bring to you. Hope you will find this information useful.
Source: Ninh Binh Department of Health
Thank you for reading this post What is leech disease? Causes and treatments at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.