You are viewing the article What is geranium essential oil? How to make geranium essential oil at home at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
You have heard about geranium essential oil but still do not understand this essential oil well. This article of Cfis.edu.vn will introduce you to all about geranium essential oil. Let’s find out together!
What is geranium essential oil?
The scientific name of the geranium is Pelargonium Tombolens, which is native to South Africa and the plant is grown in many regions including Europe and Asia.
Geranium essential oil is distilled from the geranium plant, has many different scents depending on the variety and has many benefits. Essential oils are most widely used as an ingredient in perfumery and in cosmetics. Along with that, essential oils are also used to treat a number of diseases.
Effects of geranium essential oil
Geranium essential oil has the following effects:
- Treats acne, inflammatory acne and inflammatory skin conditions
- Helps treat edema
- Perimenopause and Menopause: Geranium essential oil helps improve symptoms of low estrogen and health-related symptoms of menopause and perimenopause.
- Geranium essential oil helps relieve stress, anxiety and depression thanks to its scent.
Side effects of geranium essential oil
When using geranium essential oil, there may be some side effects such as: Rash, skin burning, … so you should not apply the oil directly to the skin, but should use it in a small area of skin and should Remember to dilute first.
Some ways to use geranium essential oil
- You can dilute geranium oil with some other oil before using on the skin to treat acne, itching, or can be used for massage.
- You can dab geranium oil on a tissue or cloth as an aromatherapy treatment.
- Put geranium essential oil in an essential oil diffuser.
How to make geranium essential oil at home
- 12 geranium leaves
- Olive oil or sesame oil
- Glass bottle
Step 1You cut about 12 geranium leaves, then put in a glass jar and pour olive oil or sesame oil about half of the jar, then cover all the geranium leaves. Then you close the jar and let it dry in the sun for about a week
Step 2 After a week, you filter the oil with a cheesecloth and then put the oil in another glass jar. You add fresh geranium leaves to the oil jar
Step 3 Continue to cover the jar tightly and leave it in a sunny place like a windowsill for about a week
Step 4 Repeat these steps for the next three weeks. And the total time to have geranium essential oil is about 5 weeks.
Some notes when using geranium essential oil
- Store geranium essential oil in a cool, dry place
- Never swallow geranium oil
- The basic rule of thumb when using essential oils is to never apply them directly to the skin before being diluted.
The above article is the sharing of Cfis.edu.vn about geranium essential oil. Hopefully, through this article, you will know and understand more about this essential oil.
Choose to buy olive oil sold at Cfis.edu.vn for smooth hair care:
Thank you for reading this post What is geranium essential oil? How to make geranium essential oil at home at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.