You are viewing the article What is farsightedness? Causes, signs and ways to prevent farsightedness at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Symptoms of farsightedness often appear in children, if not detected early, symptoms of farsightedness can become severe, difficult to treat. If you are interested in this symptom then follow this article!
What is farsightedness?
Hypermetropia, also known as Hypermetropia, is a condition related to the eyes that is completely opposite to myopia, farsightedness is when you can see distant objects clearly but cannot see clearly nearby objects. Farsightedness can greatly affect your ability to focus. There are a few cases of severe farsightedness where the viewer can only see objects that are very far away.
There are three types of farsightedness:
- Mild farsightedness : Less than 2 Diop
- Middle farsightedness : From 3-5 Diop
- Severe farsightedness : From 5 Diop or more
Causes of farsightedness
- Congenital causes : At birth, the eyes have a short axis of the eyeball, or the convergence power of the lens and cornea at birth is too thin and weak.
- Cause due to age : With the elderly, the lens will age, lose its elasticity and gradually make the eyes farsighted.
- Causes due to other diseases such as tumors in the eye, retinal disease, flattened cornea, …
- In addition, often looking at a distance, not keeping the correct distance is also the cause of the loss of elasticity of the lens.
Signs and symptoms of presbyopia
Everyone’s body is different, so everyone will have different symptoms. The main and common signs of farsightedness commonly seen in humans include:
- The eyes show signs of strabismus.
- You can see clearly from afar, but you can’t see clearly up close.
- Eye pain, eye pain when reading.
- Feeling dizzy often.
- Unable to focus for long periods of time.
How to treat farsightedness?
For effective treatment, people with the disease should detect and go to an eye doctor early, especially in young children. When children are young, if their nearsightedness falls in the middle range, they do not need to be treated, because the child’s eyes are still flexible and can completely improve the disease as they grow older.
However, if the child is not detected early, the child will be at high risk of amblyopia due to not wearing glasses at the right time.
For adults, to treat presbyopia, can choose to wear glasses, contact lenses, Ortho K contact lenses or eye surgery.
How to prevent farsightedness
- It is necessary to have a good nutritious diet for the eyes, you should get enough vitamin A, Omega 3, … from fruits, fish, …
- Follow up if you see signs of farsightedness, you need to go and see a doctor for treatment.
- Attention should be paid to chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, .. because it can affect eye symptoms.
- Protect your eyes, do not expose your eyes to UV rays for too long.
- Have regular eye exams .
The above article is information about the symptoms of farsightedness of the eye. Please follow Cfis.edu.vn more often to update useful information.
Thank you for reading this post What is farsightedness? Causes, signs and ways to prevent farsightedness at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.