You are viewing the article What is Elastin? What role does elastin play in the skin? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Elastin plays an important role in supporting the skin structure, increasing elasticity and together with collagen to prevent aging. It is important, but many people do not know much about elastin and its role. Let’s learn about this protein compound right away with Cfis.edu.vn through the article below.
What is Elastin?
Elastin is an elastic protein in connective tissue similar to collagen , allowing tissues to return to their original position after being stretched or compressed. In the body, elastin is normally connected to other proteins through a mixture of amorphous elastin fibers and fibrillins, which are composed of smaller amino acids such as glycin, valine, alanine, and proline.
If collagen is likened to the healthy fibers that help firm the skin, elastin is the supple fiber that gives the skin elasticity . The combination of these two proteins results in a healthy skin that is free from wrinkles and sagging . Therefore, if you lack one of these two proteins, your skin will age quickly.
Uses of elastin for skin
Elastin plays the role of combining with collagen to create a 3-dimensional network into a stable link under the skin, helping the skin to be healthy, firm and limiting the appearance of wrinkles.
Increase skin elasticity
In the composition of elastin has the function of retaining water, limiting the loss of collagen and hyaluronic acid . Thanks to that, elastin helps to hydrate the skin, bringing smoothness and tautness .
How to supplement Elastin for the body?
Why does the body need more elastin?
Over time, both elastin and collagen will gradually weaken in terms of synthesis function and loss in quantity . The reduced elastin fibers will adversely affect the subcutaneous framework, affecting the resistance and accelerating the aging process .
The main cause of the loss is the destruction of the skin’s natural environment , this process is more intense if the skin is exposed to the sun regularly .
In one study, the skin will start to lose 1-1.5% collagen from the age of 25 and gradually increase 15% after the age of 30, 30% from the age of 40 and after the age of 50, the skin will lose up to 45%. In which, 90% of collagen and elastin is lost due to sunlight and the remaining 10% is due to internal factors.
How to replenish elastin for the body
Regular exercise not only provides long-term health benefits, but also boosts the metabolism of cells under the skin. This is the most effective way to improve blood circulation and keep your skin full of vitality . Pick a few sports you enjoy and spend some time doing them every day !
Pay attention to daily food intake
If you don’t have enough time to exercise, you can design a healthy, scientific and high-elastin diet yourself.
You should add to the menu foods that contain high levels of vitamin B3, vitamin C, vitamin E and phytoestrogens, … commonly found in salmon, green vegetables such as kale, spinach, assorted vegetables. seeds and fruits such as oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, … In addition, do not forget to add antioxidants such as green tea, berries, …
Use Retinol and Retinoids
Retinol and Retinoids are commonly found in skin care products such as serums and lotions . These are important compounds prepared from vitamin A that prevent aging and promote cell growth.
Add functional foods
As we age, the body is less able to make its own nutrients and trace elements. Therefore, the addition of functional foods to increase elastin such as zinc, Coenzyme Q10 and Collagen Peptide is absolutely necessary.
Above is information about the concept and role of elastin that Cfis.edu.vn sends to you. Follow Cfis.edu.vn to receive more information.
Thank you for reading this post What is Elastin? What role does elastin play in the skin? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.