You are viewing the article What is dirty food? Causes and harms when consuming dirty food at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Dirty food not only causes discomfort, abdominal pain but also can lead to dangerous diseases such as cancer, acute poisoning,… Today, Cfis.edu.vn will help you better understand the concept of real food. Dirty products with the same causes and harm when consuming them!
What is dirty food?
According to Dr. Dr. Truong Hong Son – Director of the Vietnam Institute of Applied Medicine, dirty food is a general concept used to refer to foods containing toxic substances (usually chemicals, antibiotics with concentrations exceeding the safe level). according to the standards of the Ministry of Health during cultivation) for the health of users.
At the same time, dirty food may also contain compounds that stimulate the penetration and growth of molds, bacteria, viruses, which originate from the improper preparation, processing and preservation of food. correctly in the standard manner.
Causes of dirty food
When food is preliminarily processed, processed unhygienicly or preserved according to standards , the food consumed by humans will be easily attached to insects such as flies, flies, flies, mosquitoes, etc. lead to the parasite in food of bacteria, viruses as well as other microorganisms and thereby cause illness to people who eat it.
It is a major cause of food-related cancers. Because the use of drugs and chemicals in the process of cultivation, husbandry, and processing with concentrations exceeding the levels prescribed by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development may cause gene mutations or stimulate the formation of tumors. malignancy, more specifically the following causes:
- Use of stimulants in cultivation: The abuse of pesticides, herbicides or chemicals containing gibberellic acid (GA3) to increase crop yield, has the ability to stimulate division and expansion. cells and lead to the formation of malignancies.
- Abuse of additives : Nowadays, many types of soft drinks, confectionery, spring rolls, roast meat,… are often processed from food colorings, chemical sugars and some other carcinogenic chemicals such as nitrates. (helps keep the beautiful pink color of meat) or hydrogen peroxide interox ST50 (chemical used to soak fish, dried squid),…
Eating habits, improper food processing
Food processing and daily eating habits not only affect the quality of meals but also greatly affect the health status of each person. Here are some improper processing and eating habits that can cause cancer for consumers:
- Using fermented and processed foods for a long time: The use of salted foods, fermented foods or foods containing a lot of preservatives such as smoked meat, sausages, soy sauce, etc. It can cause heart disease or even rectal cancer.
- Microwave plastic containers: When you put a whole plastic container in the microwave, the plastic can melt and phthalates (chemicals that make plastic containers more flexible and durable) will seep into the food. , causing hormone disorders, hormone disorders and dangerous cancers.
- Cooking food with excessive heat: When fish or red meats such as beef, chicken, pork are processed under high heat, heterocyclic amine compounds (HCAs) and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) will be produced, thereby causing gene mutations and rectal cancer.
Harm of dirty food on health
From the biological, chemical and physical factors mentioned above, it can be seen that the consumption of dirty food will cause serious health hazards. symptoms such as vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, … severe can cause colorectal cancer and lead to death.
In particular, according to statistics published on the portal of the Ministry of Health of Vietnam, colorectal cancer caused by dirty food is currently ranked 5th only after lung, stomach, liver cancer and cancer. breast cancer and the number of cases is still increasing.
Tips to help avoid buying dirty food
To avoid consuming unhealthy foods, you should note the following:
- Only choose to buy food with a clear expiry date and origin at reputable addresses such as supermarkets or food stores that have been certified by the authorities.
- Scan the QR code on the package or refer to the certificate of food safety and hygiene (if any) to check the origin of the food.
- Prioritize choosing clean , organic foods.
- Be careful when choosing to buy foods that are cheap , of unknown origin , or whose color, size and freshness are too prominent compared to normal.
- Regularly cultivate knowledge and information about dirty food , clean food announced by the authorities and at the same time propagate to everyone around.
Above is detailed information about the concept of dirty food and its causes and harms when consuming them. Hopefully with this article of Cfis.edu.vn, you will have more useful information to protect the health of yourself and your family!
Source: Health & Life
Thank you for reading this post What is dirty food? Causes and harms when consuming dirty food at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.