You are viewing the article What is Chloramine B? Should Chloramin B be used to disinfect at home? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Chloramin B has the ability to kill some bacteria that cause disease in humans, so it is used by many people to disinfect at home. However, this type of chemical needs to be used correctly to ensure safety. Let’s find out now!
What is Chloramine B?
Chloramin B is a chemical that disinfects water sources and disinfects surfaces. This chemical can kill some bacteria that cause disease in humans such as Salmonella, E.coli, Campylobacter and Norovirus. Its chemical formula is C6H5SO2NClNa.3H2O, of which Chlorine makes up 25%.
Currently, Chloramin B is mainly prepared in the form of white powder and tablets. Chloramin B is also a chemical that has been approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Ministry of Health of Vietnam to be used for disinfection.
Uses of Chloramine B
Chloramin B is a chemical used to disinfect drinking water or disinfect contact surfaces. Especially at a time when the Covid-19 epidemic is complicated, this chemical has received more and more attention. Some of its useful uses are:
- Disinfect contact surfaces, spaces in public places , crowded places, thereby preventing the risk of infection by viruses and bacteria.
- Use hand sanitizer or disinfect medical equipment when diluted into a solution.
- Disinfect skin wounds.
- Clean yellow stains on floors or household items.
How to mix Chloramin B to disinfect at home?
Depending on the purpose of use, you can mix Chloramin B with different concentrations. However, it is advisable to mix exactly the recommended concentration to ensure safety.
- Normal surface cleaning: You mix Chloramin B powder with water at the rate of 0.1g Chloramin B powder with 10 liters of water and after about 15-30 minutes it can be used to disinfect.
- Surface disinfection: Dilute the solution according to the formula to dissolve 2gr of Chloramine powder with 100ml of water so that the solution reaches a concentration of 2%. After about 60 minutes, you can use this solution to disinfect.
- Clean seriously contaminated surfaces: You proceed to mix the solution with the above 2% concentration and wait for 120 minutes for the solution to promote its optimal bactericidal effect.
How to use Chloramin B to disinfect at home?
Depending on the intended use, the time it takes for the solution to work is different, here’s how to use Chloramin B to disinfect at home.
Step 1 Wipe off dirt on objects or surfaces to be disinfected.
Step 2 Soak compact objects directly in the solution for about 15 – 30 minutes , then take them out, rinse with water and dry.
Step 3 For surfaces that need to be disinfected such as floors, stair handrails, doorknobs, etc. , use a towel or mop dipped in the solution and then proceed to wipe normally, then wipe again with clean water. Okay.
Step 4 For large spaces such as gardens, you can put Chloramin B solution into a spray bottle and spray evenly in places that need to be disinfected.
Safety notes when using Chloramine B
According to Dr. Nguyen Truong Hanh, information on Hellobacsi.com , Chloramin B solution can cause poisoning, skin and eye irritation and respiratory failure if the concentration is above 2% . Therefore, to avoid health effects, you need to note:
- Buy products only from reputable places
- Read the instructions carefully before use and consult a professional
- Do not mix Chloramin B solution exceeding the allowable concentration of 1.5-2%.
- Should wear glasses, mask, gloves when mixing and using the solution at home
- Store Chloramine B in a dry place, out of reach of children. If storing Chloramin B powder for use, it should be noted and stored carefully to avoid confusion.
- Do not mix Chloramine B with other chemicals
If you accidentally get Chloramine B poisoning, you can handle it in the following ways:
- Drink plenty of warm water to detox or drink sodium bicarbonate to neutralize chemicals in the body
- If poisoning is caused by inhaling a lot of chlorine gas, you should move to a cool place immediately and take to the hospital.
- If the skin is irritated by contact with the chemical, you should wash the area several times with soap to wash away the chemical.
Above are Cfis.edu.vn’s summary of Chloramin B as well as its uses, usage and notes when using this chemical. Thank you for watching and best of luck to you.
Source: Health website Hellobacsi.com
Choose to buy masks at Cfis.edu.vn to protect your health:
Thank you for reading this post What is Chloramine B? Should Chloramin B be used to disinfect at home? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.