You are viewing the article What is cat whiskers? Health benefits of cat’s whiskers at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Cat’s beard tree is known for its great uses, so it has been present in Oriental medicine for many generations. In addition, cat’s beard is also considered a panacea in modern medicine. Let’s find out the benefits of cat’s whiskers for health with Cfis.edu.vn through the article below!
Learn about cat whiskers
What is a cat’s beard tree?
Cat’s beard plant is a common wild plant in our country. Today, with its many benefits to health, it is widely used in Oriental medicine with names such as Mao Giao Thao, Silver Cotton,… In addition, cat’s beard has a scientific name, Orthosiphon spiralis, belonging to the family. lily (Lamiaceae).
Features of cat whiskers
Cat’s whiskers are plants that grow in tropical climates. It is a herbaceous plant with an average height of 50-100cm. When young, the stem is pale green and covered with a thin coat of hairs all over and is purple-brown in old age.
The leaves of the plant are simple leaves, often growing in staggered directions with each other forming a cross. The leaf stem is rhombic in shape, tapering towards the tip, the upper edge of the leaf is serrated, the average length of the leaf is about 4 – 8cm.
Cat’s beard flowers are white, grow in clusters above the top of the tree, each cluster will usually have 6 – 10 wreaths. The fruit of the tree usually grows around April – August, the fruit is quite small and smooth.
Cat’s whiskers in our country are commonly seen in provinces such as Cao Bang, Ba Vi, Thanh Hoa, Lam Dong, and Ninh Thuan.
Parts used for medicinal purposes
The stem, leaves, and branches of the cat’s beard tree will be harvested for medicinal purposes. Usually, the crop will fall around September every year , around this time the cat’s whiskers are best developed, neither too young nor too old.
After harvesting the necessary parts of the cat’s beard plant, they are washed, cut into small pieces and then dried directly in the sun. However, if for weather reasons, you can also replace it with the drying method . Store finished products in airtight plastic bags for later use.
Uses of cat’s whiskers
Cat’s beard plant is considered a good herb, a plant with many benefits for life. In addition to being applied to male remedies for many generations, the cat’s beard plant still contributes a lot in modern medicine.
According to some experimental studies that have been conducted, it has been found that the compounds contained in cat’s whiskers are very good for health. In each cat’s beard plant contains substances such as flavonoids, kaempferol 3-OB-Glucoside, quercetin 3-OB-Glucoside, esculetin, …
Some remedies from cat’s beard plant
Note: You should consult a specialist before applying the remedy, when you see any abnormal signs, you need to go to a medical facility to be examined.
- Diabetes: Need to prepare about 50g of fresh cat’s whiskers, 50g of bitter melon, 6g of shame plant . After washing, boil all the above herbs with 800ml of water under low heat until about 250ml of water remains . Consistently drinking decoction from the above herbs every day will see a significant reduction in blood sugar.
- Painful urination, frequent urination: With this remedy, you need to prepare 40g of fresh cat’s whiskers along with 30g of white jasmine and 6g of talc. Wash the above herbs and cook with 750ml of water . Drinking continuously for 5 days will see the condition of painful urination, urinary frequency no longer.
- Urinary tract inflammation: Prepare cat whiskers, dog plants, and jasmine with about 30g for each type. Rinse and boil all with 800ml water under low heat for 15 minutes. Squeeze out drinking water, use the remedy consistently for about 1 week to see the effect.
- Prolonged constipation: Cat’s whiskers, snake tongue grass, dogwood, squid grass with about 30g each with 20g artichokes . Wash the medicinal herbs and then boil with 1l of water under low heat until there is about 650ml of water, then turn off the stove. It is recommended to use continuously for 3 weeks for best results.
- Inflammation of the urinary tract: Prepare about 15g for each type of cat’s beard, winter anemone, piercing jelly, talc each along with 25g of primrose and 12g of oxen. Medicinal herbs taken with water to drink daily will see the disease change in a positive direction.
Note when using cat whiskers
Cat’s beard is a medicinal plant that has many medicinal benefits. However, there are a few things to keep in mind to avoid dangerous side effects:
- Do not abuse and use in excess of the allowed dose.
- Especially do not use for pregnant women in the first 3 months of pregnancy.
- It is necessary to consult a doctor, specialist before using in the course of treatment.
- It is advisable to visit the doctor periodically to get the appropriate usage direction in each stage.
Where to buy cat whiskers? How much?
Currently, most of the cat’s whiskers in our country are exploited naturally or imported from abroad. You can find and buy pre-processed cat’s beard in drug stores, oriental medicine pharmacies, … With the rampant trade in the market today, you should choose to buy in reputable places. to ensure quality.
The price of cat’s beard plant ranges from about 250,000 – 350,000 VND/kg.
The above article is the information about cat’s beard plant and its benefits for health. Hope the article will be useful and don’t forget to follow Cfis.edu.vn for more useful knowledge!
Source: Vietfarm Medicinal Center
Buy herbs and spices at Cfis.edu.vn:
Thank you for reading this post What is cat whiskers? Health benefits of cat’s whiskers at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.