You are viewing the article What is acrylic glue? How to use in practice simple and effective at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Acrylic glue may already be familiar to quite a few people. Not only used in the production of plastics, but in fact acrylic adhesives can also be applied in more environments. So to learn more about this glue as well as its effective uses in practice, please refer to the article below.
What is Acrylic Glue?
Acrylic glue is transparent , light can pass through naturally. This is a glue prepared from the petroleum production process . The most common form of acrylic adhesive is a clear, solid plastic known as mika, which is elastic, easy to cut and shape. Many applications in the field of billboards, interior decoration.
Acrylic glue includes 3 types:
- Acrylic sealant: A gel-like glue. With good moisture resistance, heat resistance, the glue can be used to seal cracks, gaps, joints both inside and outside the house.
- Acrylic resin glue: Glue is used as a watercolor mixed with Epoxy Resin, Polyurethane Resin or Polyester Resin.
- 2-component acrylic adhesive: Acrylic-based adhesive consisting of A and B components mixed in specified proportions, forming the perfect adhesive for the joints of a variety of materials.
Acrylic glue is resistant to high temperatures because it is a liquefied form of Acrylic but still retains the properties of plastic . The glue has a very good surface water resistance. Because it is in transparent form, the glue is used without affecting the aesthetics and original texture of the places where it is used. Acrylic glue is better when waterproofing the toilet wall near the technical box.
What are the properties of Acrylic glue?
Acrylic glue in liquid form (glue) retains the outstanding properties of traditional mika resin (when finished, it will return to solid form). Some other additives make acrylic glue more flexible, more resistant to heat and water.
Besides, Acrylic glue also shows many outstanding properties in the construction of waterproofing houses today. May be mentioned as:
- Flexible adhesive, easy to pump and spread evenly on surfaces and joints.
- Fast curing time, instant effect.
- When the glue turns to a solid with high hardness , it is easy to smooth the surface with grinding stones or grinders.
- The surface used has a high gloss, transparent, so it does not affect the aesthetics of the building.
- Has excellent water resistance.
- Heat resistance from -10 degrees Celsius to 80 degrees Celsius . Therefore, it is better to use indoor construction, avoid outdoor construction.
- Good resistance to dust and mildew.
- Low settlement, small elasticity.
Application of solid acrylic and acrylic glue
The most common application of acrylic is used in the production of furniture and home decoration; followed by cars, motorbikes and other means of transport.
Liquid acrylic applied in water-repellent surface coating, must be filled with the junction gap for the glue to bond the plastic and other materials. This form of glue is most effective in sealing and separating layers in humid environments.
Some prominent applications include:
- Making cabinets, cabinets, tables and chairs in the house.
- Car taplo, clock altar glass, taillights, car turn signals.
- Replace glass because of transparency.
- Imitation wood for furniture.
- Create surface coatings of wood, plastered walls, painted surfaces.
- Seal the field gaps, cracks in the door.
- Making glue for wood, glass, plastic materials
Some types of acrylic adhesive products used in indoor waterproofing
Note that the product has a durability that is suitable for areas with temperatures not exceeding 80 degrees Celsius. It is recommended to use waterproof toilets, indoor walls and avoid outdoor use.
Liquid Acrylic Glue: Apollo Acrylic A100
Features: Glue is milky white. The time to cure and set the surface is about 10 minutes. The product resists heat from -10 degrees Celsius to 80 degrees Celsius. The glue comes in the form of a plastic bottle, with a capacity of 300ml.
Application in construction: Has the effect of filling gaps and cracks:
How to apply: Apolo glue is easy to apply. You just need to use a glue gun by hand. Insert the glue tube into the place to be used and pull the trigger to let the glue overflow. Wait a while for the glue to harden. Use the sharp point of a paring knife or grinder to smooth the surface before using the truss.
Water-based Acrylic Glue: SL800
Characteristics: Belongs to milk glue, green or gray in color. The glue melts at 100 degrees Celsius and is completely insoluble in water. Glue can be applied to ceramic tiles, wall surfaces, ..
Application in construction: The product is in a dilute form like water-based paint. In addition, the glue has the ability to penetrate, so it protects the surface for a longer time.
When rolling on the surface, it creates a thin, hard, glossy and almost dust-free layer, inert to water and does not create surface mold. The product is colorless and odorless, so it does not affect the overall aesthetics.
How to apply: Can be used to apply the entire large surface such as the wall of the house, the area is small, can use roller or brush. Fitting – spray evenly by hand to create a thin layer of glue on the surface for about 30-40 minutes to dry. It is necessary to apply it quickly and evenly because the adhesive sets in very quickly.
Hopefully, Cfis.edu.vn’s reviews and introductions about Acrylic glue products have given you more understanding and choose the right product for your home. Acrylic glue will keep your house dry and cool. Do not forget to note that the glue will do its job better when applied indoors and in areas with ideal temperatures.
>> Tips to help cut tape quickly without scissors
>> Tips for using duct tape as a duster with many benefits
>> Tips to remove adhesive tape on paper quickly without tearing the paper
Good experience Cfis.edu.vn
Thank you for reading this post What is acrylic glue? How to use in practice simple and effective at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.