You are viewing the article What is a styrofoam cooler? How to properly store food with styrofoam at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
If you want to keep food fresh or cold drinks easily while traveling, the cooler becomes a savior when it comes to all those roles. Let’s learn about this type of styrofoam cooler, and how to properly preserve food through the following article of Cfis.edu.vn!
What is a styrofoam cooler?
Cold storage foam is a product to keep heat or insulation , with the ability to insulate the temperature outside the environment, so it is resistant to heat or cold for the objects contained inside it. Currently, styrofoam containers are widely used in the market and in daily life.
How to produce styrofoam containers to keep cold
The main material that makes up the styrofoam container is EPS (Expand Polystyrene) foam material , which is formed when cooked and expanded under high temperature to form EPS foam particles.
Then, the EPS foam particles will be put into a hydraulic mold to compress into homogeneous foam blocks , depending on the user’s requirements, the gravity of the EPS foam blocks will be adjusted.
Finally, the foam blocks will be cut into different sizes and thicknesses by specialized equipment according to the needs and purposes of customers. Because the EPS foam particles are cooked into each other, together with hydraulic compression, they will not peel off like manual production.
Advantages and disadvantages of styrofoam containers
- The product has a relative hardness, is waterproof, retains heat and insulates for a long time, thereby limiting moisture and reducing mold formation.
- Light weight, flexible and easy to move.
- Easy to process, designed according to user purposes.
- Manufactured with materials that are safe for human health.
- Affordable price.
- Because it is made of EPS material, the barrel is very flammable , you should store it in a cool place, avoid near fire.
- Light weight and relative hardness should break easily , so when moving or using you should be gentle with them.
- Long-term use will be easily worn and the ability to retain heat and insulation is also reduced.
- The product is difficult to decompose in the natural environment.
How to preserve food with styrofoam for a long time?
First, you always close the styrofoam box carefully when not using the food contained in the box . The tight closure prevents heat loss, helping to stabilize and maintain the temperature inside the barrel.
Next, you can line or stick foil inside the foam box . When storing ice in a bucket, foil helps prevent heat loss and doubles heat retention. Note when using foil, you should put the matte paper on top instead of the glossy side , because the glossy side of the foil absorbs heat well and easily melts ice quickly.
You can also use washed white wet towels to wrap the ice , these white towels will absorb all the melted ice, and at the same time create a certain humidity in the barrel, keeping the cold temperature in the barrel extremely good.
In addition, you can bury the ice bucket in the ground , because the ground has excellent moisture and sun protection, so burying ⅔ of the ice bucket in the ground helps to avoid sandy soil and direct sunlight.
Finally, you can sprinkle some sugar or salt on the ice . The reason when adding sugar to water will make the water molecules move longer, when frozen into ice, the melting time is longer. Adding salt makes the freezing temperature drop below 0 degrees Celsius, thereby keeping the cold longer.
How long does the styrofoam keep cold?
Refrigeration of styrofoam containers depends on the condition that the product contains sufficient cold or dry ice as well as the food in the appropriate volume, the product has been closed and sealed to prevent air pollution. the inside evaporates out.
Normally, the styrofoam box will keep the temperature for a long time for 12 hours from the time it is closed , the box is intact, there is no milling or breaking.
Notes when using styrofoam containers to preserve food
- You should choose thermoplastic containers of clear origin, ensuring food safety regulations.
- When using, you only use it to store frozen items, fruits, etc.
- Absolutely do not contain hot, greasy foods, hot drinks.
- Should only be used a few times and temporarily , should not be used for a long time.
Above is information about styrofoam containers and ways to use foam boxes to keep heat for a long time, hope through the above article you will know more useful information in preserving food with foam boxes.
Thank you for reading this post What is a styrofoam cooler? How to properly store food with styrofoam at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.