You are viewing the article What is a plant-based diet? Benefits and things to keep in mind when doing it at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Diet has a very important influence on the weight and health of each person. Among them, it is impossible not to mention the plant-based diet.
In the following article, Cfis.edu.vn will introduce you to “all” information about what a Plant-Based Diet is and its benefits and things to keep in mind when doing it. Please!
What is a Plant-Based Diet?
Plant-Based Diet is a diet based on plant-based foods as the main ingredients throughout the meal.
When you start applying this diet, you will begin to get used to using foods such as fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, whole grains and limiting the amount of meat, fast food, bad carbs, sweet sugar.
This healthy plant-based diet is highly recommended for its high fiber and protein content, which prevents certain diseases and improves overall health.
This diet is like a way for you to detox your body regularly, thereby contributing to improving your physique. In addition, a plant-based diet does not mean that you have to completely abstain from animal products like a vegetarian, but you can still eat small amounts of fish, meat, eggs, dairy but not often.
How does a plant-based diet work?
The plant-based diet will include 3 food groups that you need to pay special attention to when doing the following:
Main food groups
- Whole grains: Brown rice, corn (corn), oats,…
- Legumes: Green beans, lentils, soybeans, peanuts,…
- Green vegetables: Broccoli, spinach, potatoes…
- Fruit: Orange, kiwi, avocado…
- Nuts: Walnuts, almonds,…
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms, …
Note: These foods should be used raw or minimally processed, with little seasoning to retain maximum flavor, color and nutritional content.+ Food groups can be used sparingly.
Food groups that can be used sparingly
- Vegetable oil: Olive oil, soybean oil…
- Milk: Nut milk, yogurt and cheese
Food groups to avoid
- Animal meat: Beef, pork,…
- Trans fats: Corn oil, palm oil, deep fried foods,…
- Prepared vegetarian food
- Processed animal foods: Bacon, sausages,…
- Fast food: fries, burgers, hot dogs, fried chicken…
- Added sugars and sweets: Sugar, soda, juice, cakes, cookies, candy, sweet tea, sugary cereals, etc.
- Refined grains: White rice, white pasta, White bread,……
- Convenience, prepackaged foods : Chips, crackers, cereal bars, prepared and frozen foods…
- Artificial sweeteners
Benefits of a plant-based diet
A plant-based diet gives you high levels of fiber and protein, and helps reduce calorie intake. This will help you lose weight effectively.
Foods rich in fiber and antioxidants in plant-based foods help limit cholesterol absorption and stabilize blood sugar. In addition, the use of raw, minimally processed foods with very few additives and preservatives also contributes to the prevention of hypertension, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
The vitamins, minerals and good fats from vegetables, fruits … help improve the digestive system, the body is light and make the skin fresher and smoother.
The low consumption of animal products contributes to a lower risk of cancer, lower blood sugar and improved kidney function.
Things to keep in mind when doing this
- If you feel tired, hungry all the time and crave sweets, this could be a sign of blood sugar fluctuations or a lack of protein/fat so you need to get more protein and healthy fats in your diet. meal.
- You need to eat a variety of fruits, vegetables … to maintain enough nutrients needed for the body.
- On busy days that don’t have enough time, you can supplement with plant-based whey protein supplements or protein supplements. However, it should not be used frequently.
- If you have any unusual health problems during the application of a plant-based diet, you should see your doctor immediately for diagnosis and advice!
Above is the information on what a Plant-Based Diet is and its benefits and things to keep in mind when doing it that you should know. Don’t forget to follow Cfis.edu.vn for more useful information!
Thank you for reading this post What is a plant-based diet? Benefits and things to keep in mind when doing it at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.