You are viewing the article What are free radicals? And how do they affect your skin and health? at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
What are free radicals?
According to Mr. Phan Chuc Lam – Honorary President of the Vietnam Neurological Association , a free radical is an atom or molecule containing only single electrons . Free radicals are not electrically balanced, which is inherently even, so it is very unstable .
From there, the free radicals create a reaction that takes away the electrons it lacks from other molecules and in turn creates new chains of free radicals, disrupting the normal functioning of the cell .
How do free radicals work?
You can simply understand this, free radicals are always in a “single” state, so they often find other “neighbor” molecules. Taking advantage when “neighbors” ignore other scenes, they quickly steal an electron to “have a pair” like a normal molecule.
And now that neighbor molecule becomes the “single” guy and continues to dissociate other molecules , and so on.
After stealing electrons, free radicals damage cell membranes, react strongly with proteins, DNA and fatty acids leading to disorder, cell death leads to aging . Heavier free radicals have the potential to cause cancer .
Free radicals will increase over time, with age, free radicals will increase . However, factors such as stress and living environment will also cause free radicals to increase more and more, accelerating the aging process and causing diseases to arise.
How to fight free radicals
Science has proven that neutralizing free radicals and restoring cells with antioxidants strengthens the immune system, slowing down the aging process.
Common antioxidants include : vitamin C and vitamin E, Betacarotene and Selenium … found in vegetables, fish. That is why we must have a proper nutritional supplement.
In addition, you should also pay attention to the following to limit free radicals in the body:
1. Always keep an optimistic spirit, love life, actively remove things that affect the brain, minimize stress.
2. Regularly exercise regularly in mind and body: constantly exercise your brain, exercise every day.
3. Moderate and healthy activities: do not do anything too normal, maintain a balance between sleep, rest and work, limit staying up late, alcohol and tobacco.
4. Reasonable diet: eat a lot of vegetables, fresh fruits, drink a lot of water, limit sugar, salt, meat (according to the nutrition pyramid of the Ministry of Health).
5. Keep the living environment natural and clean. Most of the oldest elderly people are in rural areas.
Source: Vinmec Hospital
Free radicals are considered as very toxic substances in the body, not only harmful to your beauty but also to your health. Therefore, in order to have healthy skin, you need to understand what free radicals are so that you will have an effective daily skin care method.
Thank you for reading this post What are free radicals? And how do they affect your skin and health? at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.