You are viewing the article What are eye bags? Find out the causes and treatments at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Puffy eyes are one of the common conditions experienced by many people. Puffy eyes are often unsightly and make people feel less confident. Let’s find out the causes and methods of treating puffiness in the following article!
What are eye bags?
If there is slight swelling or puffiness under your eyes, it is called puffiness . This condition occurs in many people, especially older people. Because with age, the tissues around the eyes will weaken. As a result, the fat that supports the eyes moves into the lower eyelids and causes puffiness.
Puffy eyes can often be unsightly, but they can also be a sign of potentially dangerous diseases. So, if you experience unusual puffiness or bothersome puffiness, you can see your doctor for the right treatment.
Causes of eye bags
Puffy eyes are formed mainly due to the weakening of the tissues that support the eyes and the accumulation of excess fat in the lower eyelid. Besides, if the space under your eyes has accumulated fluid, there will be puffiness that makes your lower eyelids look swollen.
Some causes of eye bags include:
- Aging causes the skin to become thin and weak , and wrinkles appear, making puffiness more visible.
- Eating salty foods causes the body to retain water after waking up.
- Due to insufficient sleep.
- Due to allergies.
- Due to smoking.
- Due to family inheritance .
- Due to dermatitis , dermatomyositis.
- Due to kidney disease or thyroid eye disease .
- Due to unhealthy lifestyle leads to the appearance of puffiness.
In fact, unsightly cases of puffy eyes are often unrelated to health. However , when you suddenly appear red, swollen, itchy and painful eye bags, you should immediately go to medical facilities for examination. Because these types of puffiness often occur due to allergies or potentially dangerous medical conditions.
Symptoms of Puffy Eyes
Signs and symptoms that you may have under eye bags include mild puffiness , sagging skin around your eyes , and dark circles.
Besides, if you have other symptoms, you can visit your doctor to make sure you don’t have any signs of illness.
Methods used to treat puffiness
Using medicine to treat puffiness
If you’re experiencing puffiness due to allergies, talk to your doctor about prescription allergy medications .
Use wrinkle treatments
You can use methods such as laser skin resurfacing, skin peels or wrinkle removal injections to improve skin, help skin become smooth and no longer puffy eyes.
However, if you have a brown or black skin, you should consider carefully before using laser measures, as it will cause the risk of permanent skin color change.
You can also have eyelid surgery to remove puffiness. During surgery, the doctor removes excess fat, muscle, and sagging skin under the eyelashes and in the natural folds of the eyes or in the lower eyelids. Then, the doctor will stitch the cutting edge with very small absorbable sutures.
Eyelid surgery is also commonly performed to treat eye bags and swelling of the upper eyelid, drooping eyelids, sagging eyelids, and excess skin on the lower eyelids.
However, you should be aware that this method can cause unwanted side effects such as dry eyes, watery eyes, bruising, pain, swelling or blurred vision. Besides, you may experience rarer complications such as vision loss, infection, eye injury or drooping eyelids, etc.
Treat puffiness at home with natural ingredients
You can use some easy-to-find natural ingredients to effectively treat puffiness at home, such as:
- Physiological salt water
Home remedies for puffiness with natural ingredients are both safe for health and help prevent puffiness from returning. However, these measures still take a long time to be effective.
Reference: How to treat obnoxious eye bags
Ways to prevent puffiness
Effective ways to prevent puffiness from appearing include:
- Use eye gauze : You can apply a damp cloth to the skin around the eyes for a few minutes to reduce puffiness.
- Reduce water intake before bed and limit salt when eating: Reduce water retention in the lower eye bags.
- Stop Smoking: Smoking increases puffiness under the eyes.
- Get enough sleep: Sleeping 7-8 hours a night will limit the appearance of puffiness.
- Elevate your head while sleeping: Helps prevent fluid from accumulating around the eyes.
- Allergy relief: You can take over-the-counter allergy medications. But if you often experience puffiness from allergies, talk to your doctor about ways to prevent puffy eyelids from hair dyes, soaps or cosmetics, and other substances.
- Use cosmetics: You can cover dark circles with concealer.
Here is information about puffiness, causes, and treatments. Hope the article has provided more useful knowledge for you.
Source: hellobacsi medical consultation with doctor Dinh Thi Mai Hong
Thank you for reading this post What are eye bags? Find out the causes and treatments at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.