You are viewing the article How to make delicious, Western standard papaya shrimp paste at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Papaya shrimp paste is a delightful dish that showcases the harmonious fusion of flavors found in Western cuisine. It is a dish that perfectly balances the tropical sweetness of ripe papaya with the umami-rich shrimp paste, resulting in a mouthwatering combination that is both unique and delicious. By following a few simple steps, you can elevate this traditional Southeast Asian recipe to an exquisite Western standard, allowing your taste buds to experience a fusion of cultural flavors that will leave you craving for more. So, whether you are a seasoned chef or a home cook looking to experiment with new flavors, this guide will take you through the process of making a delectable, Western standard papaya shrimp paste that is sure to impress your family and friends.
Western shrimp paste is different from other types of shrimp paste such as Hue shrimp paste or pickled shrimp paste. It has a sweet taste with a moderate sour taste, captivating everyone. What are you waiting for without going to the kitchen with Cfis.edu.vn to make Western standard papaya shrimp paste!
20 Minutes Processing
30 Minutes For
Ingredients for making papaya shrimp paste
- 1kg fresh shrimp
- 50g garlic
- 50g ginger
- 100g papaya
- 5 dangerous chili
- 1 horny chili
- Spices: Sugar, salt, white wine, fish sauce
- Utensils: Glass jars, bowls, forks, knives, pots
Tips for choosing fresh shrimp:
– Choose shrimp with shiny, large size, tail curls and no fishy smell so that when cooked, it will be more delicious and firmer.
– Avoid buying shrimp with tail spreading like a propeller, the back is fat and white because these are the animals that are injected with chemicals, which are easy to harm health.
How to make papaya shrimp paste
Step 1Prepare and marinate shrimps
Cut off the top of the shrimp, remove impurities and residue. Then, sprinkle salt on the shrimp and rub it well, wash it many times with water. Next, put about 1 cup of white wine in the bowl of shrimp, rub it for 2 minutes and then drain.
Tip: Diluted brine can be used instead of white wine to reduce the pungent smell of shrimp
Step 2Prepare other ingredients
Chop the hot pepper, slice the garlic, and chop the ginger. Sliced papaya and chili horn.
Step 3Cooking fish sauce
Put the pot on the stove, put the fish sauce and sugar in and cook over low heat. Then, stir until the sugar is completely dissolved, then turn off the heat and let it cool.
Step 4Sauteed shrimp paste
Put into the container in turn: Pre-processed shrimp, ginger, garlic, and minced chili. Next, add 200g papaya, cut horn chili. Finally, use chopsticks to mix well, gently and then add fish sauce until the jar is just submerged
– Remember to wash the jar thoroughly by rinsing with boiling water, drying in the sun.
– To make shrimp paste bright red and be used after 1 week, use plastic blisters or bamboo slats to insert shrimp and spices so that they do not float on the surface of fish sauce, then dry in the sun.
Close the jar of fish sauce so that air does not enter and cause damage to the fish sauce. Put the jar of fish sauce at normal temperature, it can be stored in the refrigerator for long-term use (6-12 months).
When using, remember to take clean chopsticks and spoons to scoop out to avoid spoiling the fish sauce.
Reference: Delicious dishes from shrimp
When finished, shrimp paste will have a beautiful color with the yellow of papaya, bright red of shrimp and dark red of chili. The taste of the dish is equally good when the sour and sour taste blends with the moderate sweetness. This dish is served with raw vegetables, fresh vermicelli to ensure non-stop eating.
See more: How to make delicious Hue sour shrimp paste at home
Maybe you are interested:
Buy fish sauce at Cfis.edu.vn
In conclusion, making delicious, Western-standard papaya shrimp paste is not a difficult task once you have the right ingredients and follow a few basic steps. First, choose a ripe and firm papaya as the main ingredient, ensuring that it is neither too green nor too ripe. Next, properly peel, seed, and shred the papaya to achieve the desired texture. Then, the shrimp paste used must be of good quality and preferably homemade for an authentic taste. Combining these two key ingredients with the right amount of seasoning, such as lime juice, sugar, and chili, will create a flavorful dish that will be enjoyed by everyone. By following these steps and paying attention to detail, anyone can achieve a delicious, Western-standard papaya shrimp paste that will impress even the most discerning palates. Enjoy the delightful blend of flavors and textures in this traditional dish, and savor a taste of the exotic and vibrant cuisine of the West.
Thank you for reading this post How to make delicious, Western standard papaya shrimp paste at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.
1. Traditional recipe for papaya shrimp paste salad
2. Step-by-step guide to making papaya shrimp paste dip
3. Easy and flavorful papaya shrimp paste stir-fry recipe
4. Authentic Thai papaya shrimp paste salad recipe
5. Creative ways to use papaya shrimp paste in your cooking
6. How to choose the perfect papaya for making shrimp paste dishes
7. Quick and healthy papaya shrimp paste bowl recipe
8. Secrets to making restaurant-quality papaya shrimp paste appetizers
9. Vegan-friendly alternative to traditional papaya shrimp paste recipes
10. Inspiring variations of papaya shrimp paste dishes