You are viewing the article How to make delicious fish cakes, without using simple flour at home at Cfis.edu.vn you can quickly access the necessary information in the table of contents of the article below.
Fish cakes are a popular and delectable dish enjoyed by seafood lovers worldwide. These savory delights are not only a fantastic way to incorporate fish into your diet but are also incredibly versatile, making them an excellent option for a quick and flavorsome meal. However, many traditional fish cake recipes rely heavily on flour as a binding agent, thereby limiting the options for those with dietary restrictions or preferences, such as avoiding gluten or looking for a healthier alternative. Fear not! In this guide, we will explore various methods and alternative ingredients to create delicious fish cakes without using simple flour, ensuring that everyone can enjoy this culinary delight from the comfort of their own home.
The fish cake is spread evenly, so it has a delicious, naturally sweet taste. Combined with some spices and green onions, our fish cake has an even more attractive flavor. With this method, the fish cakes made can be directly fried and then enjoyed, or processed into other delicious dishes such as vermicelli with fish, fried fish with fish sauce, … will surely make the whole family stir. there.
10 Minutes Processing
30 Minutes For
Ingredients for making fish cakes
- 750g frozen basa fillet (or choose fresh fish)
- Green onions, dill, pepper, chili
- Spices: Sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, fish sauce, cooking oil
How to choose to buy fresh fish
– The freshest fish is when it’s alive, you should choose to buy live fish, swimming healthy, clear eyes, pink gills, with iridescent scales and no strange colors appear on the skin.
– Fresh fish is fish with clear eyes that are not opaque, bright and slightly swollen. The flesh of the fish is firm and almost rubbery, when pressed the flesh bounces back and leaves no dents. If the meat feels soft or pale, it’s spoiled. In addition, fresh fish skin is definitely not crispy and not torn.
– Fish that have been dead for a long time, which can be rotten are fish that when touching the flesh of the fish are viscous, have an unpleasant odor, dark, pale fish meat.
– The types of fish that are often used to make fish cakes such as: Squid fish, tilapia, drifting fish, catfish, carp, basa fish…
How to make delicious chewy fish cakes, without using flour
Note: In order for our fish cake to be chewy successfully, the fish meat must always be kept at a cold temperature between 0 – 5 degrees during processing. Therefore, you must always pay attention to the temperature of the fish meat.
Step 1Clean fish
If you buy fresh basa, it is necessary to scrape off the slime and remove the viscera, as well as cut off the gills and tail thoroughly, then squeeze with salt and rinse with clean water many times.
Good tip: You can soak the fish in salt water or diluted vinegar for about 5 minutes, then rinse it with water to remove the fishy, viscous smell.
See also: The fastest fish scale tip
Step 2Preliminary processing of fish meat and other ingredients
After preliminary processing, use a knife to separate the fish fillets carefully, remove all the fish bones, then put the fish fillets in the freezer for about 1.5 hours to freeze.
Then, you take the fish out to defrost for about 10-15 minutes so that the fish is still about 30% frozen.
Green onions, dill and chili, you wash, cut into small pieces.
Step 3Grind fish meat
If you choose to buy frozen basa fillets, you can skip the first 2 steps above for those who buy fresh fish.
In this step, you will cut the fish meat into small pieces and put them in the blender to puree. You grind the fish meat for about 10-15 seconds until the fish meat is fine .
– Do not grind fish meat for too long, it will lose the coldness of the fish and our fish cakes will not be delicious.
– During the grinding process, if you feel that the fish meat is no longer cold properly, you can put the fish meat in the freezer for a period of time to regain the coldness and then continue to do it .
Step 4Mix the mixture to make fish cakes
You put in 1 tablespoon of delicious fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of cooking oil, half a teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of MSG, and a lot of ground pepper . Add chopped scallions, cumin, and chili peppers to the mix.
Good tip: You can also bring these ingredients to a golden aroma to enhance the flavor depending on your preference.
Step 5Fried fish cake
You proceed to grind to combine all the ingredients that have been added.
During the grinding process, if the fish cake is already flexible and heavy, you can stop halfway to mix it with your hands and then continue to grind . When the fish cakes have been mixed with spices and glued together into a smooth, flexible mass , you are done.
Good tip: In this step, if you don’t have a machine at home, you can put the fish in a large bowl and then use a pestle (mortar) to sweep until you see the fish cake is flexible, then you have succeeded.
See more: How to make delicious, chewy, and not crushed when cooking
Step 6Fried/fried fish cakes
After frying the fish, you can roll it into small pieces or medium-sized pieces, then put it in an oil pan to fry evenly and enjoy.
See more: How to make delicious and simple La Vong fish cake at home
Step 7Finished product
In just a few steps, you can make your own fish cakes at home. Put the fish cake on a plate and eat it with hot rice, what’s better than that, isn’t it! Don’t forget to eat it while it’s still hot.
Crispy homemade fish cakes with natural delicious taste from fish meat and seasonings are marinated just right. You can use fried fish cakes to keep longer and continue to make many other attractive dishes for the whole family, or divide them into small portions and store in the freezer to eat gradually.
Instructions for preserving fish cakes
For raw fish cakes (scrambled)
For raw, unprocessed fish cakes, you can put them in the refrigerator with appropriate temperatures:
- At a temperature of 10 degrees Celsius, fish cakes will be stored for about 2 days.
- At a temperature of 0 – 5 degrees Celsius, it can be stored for 2 weeks.
- At -18 degrees Celsius , fish cakes can be stored for up to 2 months.
For fried/fried fish cakes
For fried/fried fish cakes that have been put in a vacuum bag, you should put them in the refrigerator at the following temperatures:
- At -18 degrees Celsius, it will be stored for 4-6 months .
- At a temperature of about 0 – 5 degrees Celsius, it will take 1 month.
- At a temperature of 10 degrees Celsius , fish cakes can be kept for about 3 days.
Without vacuum, the storage time will be shorter, specifically:
- At -18 degrees Celsius, it will be stored for 3 months.
- At a temperature of about 0 – 5 degrees Celsius will have a time of 3 weeks.
- At a temperature of 10 degrees Celsius , fish cakes can be kept for about 2 days.
Note: You should know that the most important factor to preserve fish cakes is the temperature, the correct temperature control will preserve the fish longer.
Homemade fish cakes are both delicious, quality, and safe for health without harmful chemicals. After frying, you can enjoy immediately with delicious, supple and delicious taste. Good luck with this recipe.
The spices can be purchased at Cfis.edu.vn:
In conclusion, it is possible to make delicious fish cakes at home without using simple flour. By replacing flour with alternative ingredients, such as potatoes, bread crumbs, or almond flour, one can achieve equally satisfying results. These substitutes not only provide a unique texture and flavor to the fish cakes but also cater to individuals with dietary restrictions. Whether you prefer a crispy exterior or a soft and moist interior, experimenting with these alternative flours allows for versatility in creating fish cakes to suit personal preferences. So, get creative in the kitchen and embark on a culinary adventure by trying out these innovative flour substitutes to make mouthwatering fish cakes from the comfort of your own home.
Thank you for reading this post How to make delicious fish cakes, without using simple flour at home at Cfis.edu.vn You can comment, see more related articles below and hope to help you with interesting information.
1. Gluten-free fish cake recipe at home
2. Alternative flour options for making fish cakes
3. Fish cake recipe using almond flour
4. Tapioca starch-based fish cake recipe
5. Quinoa as a substitute for flour in fish cakes
6. Fish cake recipe with coconut flour
7. Paleo-friendly fish cake recipe without flour
8. Fish cake recipe with arrowroot powder instead of flour
9. Oat flour-based fish cake recipe
10. Potato-based fish cake recipe (without using simple flour)